What's new

Calling all scotch whiskey drinkers! I need recommendations for a set of glasses

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If you could choose the "best" glasses to give to someone that is a big scotch drinker, what would you recommend? I love our Riesdel glasses for wine, but do they also make great whiskey glasses?

Not trying to fit within a budget, so all suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Scotch is the only thing I drink, and if I am at home I only use Glencairn Crystal Whiskey Glasses. A bit pricey, but if you really want to enjoy the "sip" then this is the style of glass you would want. I also have a set of Ravenscroft Crystal Single Malt Scotch Tumblers. A bit more pricey, almost same shape as the Glencairn, less the stem... Either way you cant go wrong, that's if they fit your budget.

Chef

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Those are the ones. I have both stemmed and non stemmed... Unfortunately for the photographer of that glass, they did not have a clue what they were doing because I see at least 4 maybe 5 cubes of ice in there..... Card-nil sin!!!

Chef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macallan whiskey (The Macallan), in cooperation with the U.S. state of Oregon glasses brand Shwood creative gift boxes together to create a swept all the modern male fashion, known for Shwood to create a beautiful frame to a special timber, the resurgence of retro.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
a Guy at the shop I hang out at bought a 4 pack of the Glencairn Scotch whisky glasses you have a link for and I really like those, they are great for the nose, along with sipping the scotch. If I got a 4 pack of these glasses I would be very happy just my .02

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
if he's a big scotch guy, he may already have a glencairn (or glencairn-type) glass/glass set.

personally, I love the riedel (pronounced like "needle") glassware, but most of it is very, very thin, so you have to be extra careful with it.

had a little tumbler disintegrate in my hand a few months ago when it had unwittingly become stuck to my coffee table thanks to a bit of hastily-poured port. went to pick it up off the table without expecting any resistance, and the glass within and inch of the lip just collapsed into the bowl.

so, anyway, might go with glencairn (or at least something heavier than riedel) if he tends to get a little scotch rowdy

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
thanks gents. i'm sure he already has nice glasses, but i figured it never hurts to have more glasses.

i might pick up an individual Glencarin for myself as well. not a big scotch guy, but getting into it more and more

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
For very well made, well priced glassware, check out Crate and Barrel.
I worked there for a few years, and I can tell you that their glasses are top quality yet affordable.