What's new

Calling my Directv brothers....

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Gents. As you may or may not know, I am a diehard 49ers fan. It runs deep. Last year for me was pretty damn good, because all but 2 games were televised in my area here in WNY. This year I dont think I will be so lucky. I do not have directv, because I work for Time Warner Cable, and get it for next to nothing. While I can in fact purchase Sunday Ticket to stream on the ps3 without having Directv, it is very expensive at $300. I thought maybe I would just go down to the local bar and try to watch them, but the past 2 times I did that, I spent at least $40. Not cool, and my wife was less than impressed. So I come to you. Who has Directv and purchases Sunday ticket? There is an option for (I think) $100 more, where you can stream to ps3, ipad, iphone, etc. Anyone have the Sunday ticket service that doesnt use the streaming? Anyone willing to let me pay for the streaming option, and use it for my games? It works because my bro in law used to have it a couple of years ago, and thats what I did. Anyone willing to do this? Again, I will pay the extra, and even poss more if you want, within reason. I know its early, just trying to see if I can lock this down. Pm me with any info you can, greatly appreciated. Also, Seahawks fans need not apply. Unforunately, I cannot trust you. Hahaha, jk. Thanks brothers!!

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I've been a long time Directv and a NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber. And on occasion, I watch games on my computer. The sign-on credential for this service is your Directv account e-mail address and password... I may be mistaken. Essentially, if someone gave you that information, you would have complete access to their package information. You could technically see their historical charges, change packages, etc. I'm not sure folks would be comfortable with that arrangement.... maybe I'm wrong.

Why couldn't you just get Directv? I've been a customer for 15 years and love it. They have great customer service and have always proactively upgraded my equipment over that time horizon. I'm not sure why or how working for Time Warner plays a part... do they seriously dictate what cable service you have to use?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
If you're a die-hard, buck up and pay for the Ticket you won't regret it. I moved away from my home state in 1999 and have never missed a game on TV.... except for when I was in Cuba last Fall :)

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I've been a long time Directv and a NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber. And on occasion, I watch games on my computer. The sign-on credential for this service is your Directv account e-mail address and password... I may be mistaken. Essentially, if someone gave you that information, you would have complete access to their package information. You could technically see their historical charges, change packages, etc. I'm not sure folks would be comfortable with that arrangement.... maybe I'm wrong.

Why couldn't you just get Directv? I've been a customer for 15 years and love it. They have great customer service and have always proactively upgraded my equipment over that time horizon. I'm not sure why or how working for Time Warner plays a part... do they seriously dictate what cable service you have to use?
Hmmm, maybe I havent thought of this. When my brother in law had this, he didnt have a computer or anything. So I just created an account for him. So, now that I type this, I guess you're right. I can certainly see why this would be a problem. Certainly, I would never do anything like this, but wouldnt want my info out there either. So we'll close this up. As far as me getting Directv, well, I get everything from Time Warner for basically pennies. Getting another tv service would just be pointless. If thats the case, Ill prob just suck it up and pay for it on the PS3. Or just quit drinking and go to the bar and watch it. (Not likely to happen, haha.)There is always RedZone, which we just added last year. But that wont suffice. I need to see Coach Harbs going apeshit on the sideline. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out Jdog. Certainly didnt cross my mind at the time, and am not interested in doing this anymore, haha. Close 'er up!!!

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
If you're a die-hard, buck up and pay for the Ticket you won't regret it. I moved away from my home state in 1999 and have never missed a game on TV.... except for when I was in Cuba last Fall :)
Oh im a Diehard. But $300 is hard to swallow. Its certainly poss, but was thinking of a different avenue. Thats all.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
have always proactively upgraded my equipment over that time horizon.
Say what? They call you and give you upgraded receivers/dish??? I best be calling them if that's the case!?!
I've been a customer since 1998. I think it was in 2008, I got a loyal customer appreciate postcard saying that I could get my equipment upgraded for free. I obviously took advantage of that. Then when the Genie came out, we got it for a very small sum... not much. We did have to call to get that upgrade. So, maybe my statement is misleading. Sorry!

I've had nothing but nightmares with cable companies prior to 1998. I've been extremely happy with my Directv experience.