What's new

Can anyone possibly pick me up some Criollo 98 seed?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to try growing some of these plants. I know there are seed sellers out there that sell various types of "Havana" seed such as "Havana 608" and "Havana 503b" but I have no idea if these are the same types as what is being grown in Nicaragua's Jalapa valley and Esteli area to make cigar filler. For what it's worth, I've grown those types in my home garden and they don't exactly have the aroma of good classic cigar tobacco. (Which is most likely the result of the soil/fertilizer I use as well as climate and my primitive fermenting techniques, but still, I'd like to give it a try with known good seed.) It's my understanding that most of the growers in Nicaragua these days are using Criollo 98 for filler (as opposed to binder and wrapper).

I know that at least a few BOTL's occasionally take trips to Nicaragua cigar growing and production facilities and wonder if someone would be so kind as to see if they could pick up a very small quantity of these seeds they got from down there. Tobacco seeds are tiny, about the size of poppy seeds you find on Kaiser rolls, so space would not be an issue. I'd be more than happy to pay $20 for a few dozen.

Thanks! Please respond to this post or e-mail me directly at tavellone@yahoo.com.

Ted in Tallahassee