What's new

Can Cigar Smokers Get Life Insurance

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Kinda hard to compare buying cigars with lying on a life insurance policy. Omitting tobacco use- regardless of the cause of death- will surely make the policy null and void. Having a possibility of my loved ones not collecting on my policy because of my own lie is not a gamble I am willing to take. I pay the higher premium and sleep well. To each their own. I think we beat this one up enough no?

Last edited:

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Kinda hard to compare buying cigars with lying on a life insurance policy. Omitting tobacco use- regardless of the cause of death- will surely make the policy null and void. Having a possibility of my loved ones not collecting on my policy because of my own lie is not a gamble I am willing to take. I pay the higher premium and sleep well. To each their own. I think we beat this one up enough no?
Good points

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have life insurance through statefarm. It covers what it needs to cover and gives some breathing room. I told them I smoked and had to do a nicotine test and they said it was $10 more a month. Works for me

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I'm in the process of switching Life carriers. I disclosed my smoking to Northwestern Mutual Life when I got the policy a couple years ago. My rates are high. I came to find out recently the Prudential is one of the only ones left that rates "occasional" cigar smokers as non-smokers. So I'm applying with them and got quoted a non-smoker rate which is $70 a month cheaper than the NML policy was for the same coverage.