What's new

Can I take my Palio Cutter on d'plane?

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Ok, GOing to Aruba and need to know if the jackasses at TSA are going to allow me to carry on my Palio cutter or not. I am already reserved to take matches (Zino)?

I know its a stupid question, but I'm not loosing my Palio!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I guess I fly a little more risky but I just throw them in my toiletries bag. I toss my lighter and cutter in there. Maybe I'll get a transpak so I don't have to worry about my xikar lighter getting swiped.

This last time I flew though had a cheapie cutter in my carry on just to see if they'd find it and take it. My freebie from Holts made it.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Never had a problem with mine, but I've been pretty lucky. I did get held up by security in Israel I think it was but they let me through with it.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, you are allowed to carry it on. However, many TSA employees are idiots or worse, so I always print out the list of allowed items from the TSA website and bring the print-out with me.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
they are allowed,,, however, as has been previously stated numerous times, there are idiots out there! why stress,,, take a couple cheapies!!

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I took mine - the TSA guy pulled it out, looked at it, played with it, put it back in the case, stuck it back in the bag, and said "have a nice flight sir!"

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I carried my Palio and Xikar scissors on the plane to Seattle with over 30 cigars. No problem. When I got to Seattle but before getting on the ship bought a small torch lighter. On the trip back we had our bags checked through from the boat to LA so I walked into the airport and thought oh well just lost another torch. I put the cutters and the torch right on top of the bag in plain view. Went through xray, looked at and said have a nice flight.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I carried my Palio and Xikar scissors on the plane to Seattle with over 30 cigars. No problem. When I got to Seattle but before getting on the ship bought a small torch lighter. On the trip back we had our bags checked through from the boat to LA so I walked into the airport and thought oh well just lost another torch. I put the cutters and the torch right on top of the bag in plain view. Went through xray, looked at and said have a nice flight.
Nice one, I also just got back and my Palio was safe in my carry on.