What's new

cancer and smoking

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
First, my condolences to the OP. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Personally, I have very little concern about contracting cancer. I'm a 56 year old in great health. I exercise, eat correctly, avoid processed foods, gluten, GMOs, soy, white starches, and sugars. I consume tons of green and orange vegetables, flax, chia, and moderate amounts of olive and coconut oils. I take a high end, organic, raw, whole food vitamin, plus 12 raw bitter apricot kernels each day. The apricot kernels provide approximately 120 mg. of laetrile (vitamin B-17), which is the recommended dose for cancer prevention.

I do not trust the medical profession, when it comes to traditional cancer "treatments". Sadly, obscene profits are made in mostly ineffective cancer treatments, not in curing or preventing it. I've always wondered how many cancer deaths can be attributed to the treatment (i.e. chemo), and not the cancer itself. My personal belief is that cancer is a deficiency disease, due to the lack of laetrile in our modern diets.

I know that many of you will label me as a nut case, but those with an open mind should read "A World Without Cancer" by G. Edward Griffin.
nut case im looking forward to emulating

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I really apreciate all the thoughts and love on this board and thank you for all the support. My personal opinion is very similar to most, moderation. I dont drink, im fat but im working on that and I quit chewing about a month ago. In my case every male in my family has had at least one forreallyf cancer in thier lifetime. Im a welder, I breath in more carcinogenic crap everyday than what you would get in smoking 3 cigars a day. I know that my friend would say that if it makes me happy then do it.
What I have taken away in all this is that I will not treat my smoking as a daily ritual, but rather a relaxing reward for surviving another week or celebrating still being here. Is it worth it to me to quit so I can lower a risk that is allready extremely high in my career and genetics? Not really. I rather enjoy my life and be thankfull for the friends and companionship that cigars have givin me.
Thanks again for being here as support and as enlightening opinions, it really does mean alot to me right now.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I do not trust the medical profession, when it comes to traditional cancer "treatments". Sadly, obscene profits are made in mostly ineffective cancer treatments, not in curing or preventing it. I've always wondered how many cancer deaths can be attributed to the treatment (i.e. chemo), and not the cancer itself. My personal belief is that cancer is a deficiency disease, due to the lack of laetrile in our modern diets.
One of the biggest problems we have with cancer treatment, specifically in the US, is that doctors RARELY follow the tried and true treatment methods. Many treatments are concocted out of rebates, pricing, and pharma contracts and not based on the proven effective methods.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I dont post much anymore, but this topic has always been of interest. As a physician.....I disagree with a lot of the statements above, but you can believe what you want to believe. Since it hasnt really been mentioned, there are many more cancers associated with smoking than just lung cancer and throat cancer. One of the bigger ones is bladder cancer. I have met a lot of sick patients in my career. A ton of lung cancer patients that never smoked. Throat and esophageal cancer patients that never smoked....they did other things. But I don't think I have ever met a bladder cancer patient that didn't smoke at some point in his life. Of course its not just smoking. We all know that. its constant exposure to carcinogens, products of incomplete combustion......ash, char.... etc. Alcohol combined with smoking increases your risk of just about everything dramatically. There are obviously tons of other risks I wont get in too. I started smoking cigars when I was 21. Its been over a decade now, and I cant lie, I have cut back immensely. The attitude of if you enjoy it do it, do it in moderation, you only live one life....that changed when I had kids. Im not saying I don't smoke cigars, and Im not saying you shouldn't just pointing out the changes that I have thought about. It would be easier to compartmentalize if I didn't see it frequently Im sure. I mean how many of you guys have actually seen people get diagnosed, treated, and live or die from cancer. Maybe some of you have, and I think that we would all agree its definitely something we hope we never have to experience ourselves. I'd be willing to bet that most people haven't. My point is that it's important for us as smokers to think about our actions and to revisit our thoughts on it frequently, because its important to reflect on life events and changes in life.....deaths of friends, family, people you know, births, marriage..etc. , and then decide if its time for you to make changes based on those things. To the OP Im sorry for your loss. If you stick around here long enough guys you will eventually meet people that will have problems from our hobby. Its not scrapbooking. Anyway, sorry if Im being a downer, just felt like I should post something.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Investigations with small-cell lung cancer and melanoma cells have demonstrated that albendazole and radiation can act in synergy to inhibit cancer cell growth. These findings similarly suggest the potential application of albendazole as a radiosensitizer in HNSCC treatment. It’s branded as Alben Pure and can be ordered online.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Investigations with small-cell lung cancer and melanoma cells have demonstrated that albendazole and radiation can act in synergy to inhibit cancer cell growth. These findings similarly suggest the potential application of albendazole as a radiosensitizer in HNSCC treatment. It’s branded as Alben Pure and can be ordered online.
Nice! What's your favorite cigar?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
But will it allow me to reach total consciousness when combined with Krishna meditation and bacon grease?