What's new

Candela wrappers

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am member of the lost tribe of wandering candela smokers. Yes, we are a minority, I know. For me they are a nice change of pace, rather than something I would smoke most of the time.

So far, I have tried two brands: Arturo Fuente and Don Tomas. Of the two, I definitely prefer the latter. Does anyone have recommendations, either positive or negative, about other brands to try? For example, has anyone tried Iguana?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
The Camacho is good, and the Cuba Aliados is good as well. I had the later both fresh and with about 6 years on it. The older one was covered in little plume crystals and was REALLY good. I can’t wait for the Holy Lance Candella, of course I’ll buy the maduro too, but I really want that candela lance.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
If you can find it, my first candela cigar was a Nat Sherman and it was very enjoyable.

cigarhombre

Broadleaf addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
try the Graycliff Emerald (green label)

it is a unique smoke, nice every now and then; I would say one of the best candela wrapped cigars in current production.

that reminds me...I believe I have one around somewhere...gonna have to go humi diving tomorrow, and smoke it. been a while.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Wow! Everywhere else I go I get grief for smoking candelas! LOL

I've tried the Fuente and the Camacho, both we're OK but I liked the Camacho better. I don't smoke them often but it is a nice change of pace.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Wow! Everywhere else I go I get grief for smoking candelas! LOL

I've tried the Fuente and the Camacho, both we're OK but I liked the Camacho better. I don't smoke them often but it is a nice change of pace.
During the 60's the Candella was the prefered wrapped in the states. I also believe it was JFK's go to.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
During the 60's the Candella was the prefered wrapped in the states. I also believe it was JFK's go to.
I heard they used to be popular. A couple of the B&M's I go to say they still have a couple of customers that only smoke candelas and they'll come in and grab a box or two at a time. I like 'em for a change of pace.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I smoke a candela on occasion, but they really have to have some age on them. The flavor is so dang strong (is intense a better word?)

I second the Don Tomas candela. Cheap and pretty reliable smoke.

Bear

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whatever you do, throw away the Thompson's catalog immediately and never, ever, ever order anything from them, let alone the Iguana! The other comments are spot on, although I personally prefer the Fuente candelas.