What's new

Canned Beer is the Future of Good Beer

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was strictly against beer in cans - until one of my favorite locals went strictly to cans (Tallgrass Brewing Company out of Manhattan, KS).

The cans are 16oz and the beer tastes great - I really don't notice a difference. Plus, the cans recycle much easier.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Not sure if anyone here has tried Coconut Porter made by Maui Brewing Co.....but it's easily one of the best porters I've ever had, and it too comes in cans.

Starting to see it more and more here in the mainland....but if you do, pick some up....it's a good'en. You can barely taste the coconut either, so if you're put off by the "coconut" part, don't be ;).

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Not sure if anyone here has tried Coconut Porter made by Maui Brewing Co.....but it's easily one of the best porters I've ever had, and it too comes in cans.

Starting to see it more and more here in the mainland....but if you do, pick some up....it's a good'en. You can barely taste the coconut either, so if you're put off by the "coconut" part, don't be ;).
Weren't they featured on the TV show Three Sheets? I did want to try them. I'll be seeing if I can find them.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Technology has made cans a much better vessel for beer these days. I used to be a dyed-in-the-wool bottle guy, and there are still a ton of great beers out there that will only come in glass (think Deus or Piraat). I work in the liquor biz and see more and more quality beers being packaged in cans, so I can't help but think that this is the wave of the future.

I kind of equate it to the Stelvin (screw-cap) closure for wine bottles. It's amazing the wines you see now that use this in place of natural cork. I've seen Grand Cru Red Burgundy offered in a screw-cap, which says it all to me.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I used to get this super cheap beer while in NWFL. It as called Bootie beer and it was like $12 a case of 24-24oz cans! I kept it around my house for mooches and kept my good stuff for me. That's the opposite trend of this thread though lol.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Alright, I was in my favorite booze store today picking up a bottle of wine for a gift. Saw some canned IPA on the shelf while window shopping in the beer section. While I didn't "need" any more beer in my fridge I remembered this thread and picked some up. Modus Hoperandi by Ska Brewing...not bad.

Dan

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Canned beer is indeed the future of good beer, it just needs to garner more respect. To argue whether or not cans are better than bottles would be comparable to claiming a horse and carriage are a more useful mode of transport than a car