What's new

Can't get X out of my head!

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ever have that 'A-Ha' moment when you hear and become obsessed with a band that is old, but 'new' to you?

I watched this movie on this punk band from L.A. in the early 80's called "X" .. Their music blows my mind!

I'm not a "punk-rock" fan by any means, but wow. Something tells me there is more where this came from ...

What band has done this to you???

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
just repeat after me; "... and i must not think bad thoughts, i must not think bad thoughts". o)

damn good band to get stuck in your head! if i hit bad religion's "sorrow" on my player, i HAVE to run it all day, or it will stay with me for a week.

EDIT: and, going back and rereading the OP, to see that it is about discovering a band, and not getting a song stuck in your head: warped tour like five years back, i round the corner through a crowd of kids, hear this deep slapping bass rumble, and see a psychobilly looking guy on stage playing a poison green uprght bass with black tiger stripes, then this wee little muscle man with a pompador opens his poipes and all hell breaks loose. tiger army, good albums, great show. o)

Last edited:

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Don't laugh... any song from Les Miserables. If I hear one, even if its only a second, it's hopeless.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Lupe Fiasco. I haven't even bought his newest album yet. I'm still stuck on, "The Cool".

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
just repeat after me; "... and i must not think bad thoughts, i must not think bad thoughts". o)

damn good band to get stuck in your head! if i hit bad religion's "sorrow" on my player, i HAVE to run it all day, or it will stay with me for a week.

EDIT: and, going back and rereading the OP, to see that it is about discovering a band, and not getting a song stuck in your head: warped tour like five years back, i round the corner through a crowd of kids, hear this deep slapping bass rumble, and see a psychobilly looking guy on stage playing a poison green uprght bass with black tiger stripes, then this wee little muscle man with a pompador opens his poipes and all hell breaks loose. tiger army, good albums, great show. o)
Tiger army is a great live band. One of the first bands I saw live

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Once I heard "Green Apple" by Tommy McCook (founding member of Jamaican ska-innovatory group "The Skatalites") and the Supersonic, I got got hooked on their one record... then I heard Rico Rodriguez's (Trombone player on the Specials hit "Ghost Town") song called "X" from his album "That Man is Forward" and was even more blown away. So in a way, I can't get "X" out of my head as well...

[YOUTUBE]wFCT87iCphM[/YOUTUBE]