What's new

CAO Bratalia Barber Pole Perfecto.

The BurgerMeister

the devil is a busy man.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a few firsts for me here: first perfecto cigar, first barber pole wrapper, first CAO Bratalia.

a bit of a strange cigar to light, as the foot is tiny and flares out rather quickly to a much larger ring gauge. i'm sure there are some tricks to properly lighting perfectos and i'm sure i will learn those tricks eventually. so far, i'm not quite even. after a touch-up, i'm there... and now i'm enjoying the coffee/sugar/nut flavor i'm getting at the start. this cigar is smooth as silk from the get-go.

ash fell off at about 1 1/2" in. so far, the burn is nice and even after the initial touch-up. this feels like a medium, maybe medium-full.

almost halfway, and the darker outer wrapper has cracked almost all the way across and started to unravel toward the foot. we shall see...

flavor is still nice and smooth. a subtle spiciness lingers on the finish. the mouth feel is nice and light, which i can always appreciate. the aroma is sweet, but with some gusto to it.
halfway: the flavors are mostly nutty and sweet. there's an earthiness there, but it's subtle. the burn has remained even, and there haven't been any adverse effects from the cracked outer wrapper. the ash has been staying on for a good 1 to 1 1/2". it's a pretty tight ash... not the tightest i've seen, but solid.

(some bitter, disgusting tobacco juice has collected at the head of the cigar. i accidentally made contact with my tongue and was rewarded with a nasty taste. this has happened to me before while smoking a pipe, but never a cigar until now. gross.)

the sweetness has all but disappeared and nuttiness has taken over in the last third. mouth feel has gotten a little heavier. the aroma is still sweet. the blend of aroma and flavors is good in this cigar, and it makes for a pretty enjoyable experience. that being said, the flavors are a little "plain Jane." nothing spectacular going on. the cigar has started reminding me of the Padrons i've smoked (2000s, Churchills)... only not as potent as those. it's not my favorite flavor set, but i think it works better in a larger ring cigar.

got to the band and had to cut the Bratalia short. this is a good 2hr smoke and i started it too late. all in all, though the flavors were pretty average, this is a smooth and solid smoke.

GRADES:

Appearance... B- a little rough and gnarly with some rips in the outer wrapper.

Construction... B- solid enough, but has some soft spots.

Flavor... C pleasant, but not special. average.

Burn… A nice and even throughout.

Draw... B- a little on the tight side, but not plugged.

OVERALL GRADE… B-

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thanks for the review and pic's and for sharing your smoking experience!

Nice notes your got there my friend, excellant idea.

The BurgerMeister

the devil is a busy man.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't always keep the little notebook handy... sometimes i'm outside late at night looking at the stars and relaxing. but i usually like having it handy.