What's new

CAO Gold Maduro

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
How many times have you read about a cigar, or seen a box labeled “Reserve” or “Private Reserve” or even “Limited Edition” and thought, “who are they kidding?” C.A.O. has a slightly different idea, however, in announcing a special program of humidors containing 105 C.A.O. Gold Maduro cigars recently introduced to the market.

The company has been running a continuing tasting at its Nashville headquarters and created a special, humidified room called the Escaparate, meaning “showcase” in Spanish.

It uses the room to test new cigars with visitors and experiment with different blends. The initial test program started in 2004 included 11 “Concept Series” blends and the Escaparate has grown to about 400,000 prototype cigars in storage. Of the original experimental group, the Gold Maduro did so well with visitors that C.A.O. decided to release it as a regular-production line earlier this year.

Thus, it doesn’t need the Gold Maduro test cigars in the test chamber any more and 200 humidors containing 105 Gold Maduro cigars each (21,000 total) are being sold through retailers beginning in November. Each humidor will have a mix of the six shapes in the line: Corona (5 1/2 x 42), Robusto (5 x 50), Corona Gorda (6 1/2 x 50), Churchill (7 x 48), Torpedo (6 1/4 x 52) and Double Corona (7 1/2 x 54).

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I will be smoking one of these at the local B&M since I will be gifting the owner a couple of Illusiones in an attempt to have him start carrying them.

I will add a review on Monday.