What's new

CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Ok guys, if you have read past reviews I have tried to stand up for Cao. Well not this time. Sorry CAO!! I just finished smoking a CAO Aniv. Maduro robusto 5X50. I bought it a few days ago and thought well I like my CAO's so why not. It might just be me but I thought that this cigar, and by the way I have smoke several! Has a harsh burn to it, although it had no hints of any sweetness or chocolate taste or alot of what make an Maduro to me good. I though it had a rather woody taste to it and that was it throughout the entire cigar, no new hints of anything. The cigar just didn't taste worth smoking. So about 3/4 of the way through I chucked it out.
I have smoked alot of maduro lately from Fuente's to CAO's to Partagas to excaliburs, even some no namers Like TOPIC. All these other maduro's have always been plesant smokers. I probably won't buy another one of these CAO anv. Maduro
What are some of your experiences with this cigar?

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I bought one a couple of months ago, just to try. I had kind of the same feelings about them. Not that great of a smoke, and I'm a CAO fan as well.

I guess I won't be buying another.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
CAO is ok to me, but they seem to spend more time on marketing than they do on making quality cigars. I like the quieter, old school, brands better.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I like some, but not all CAOs. But the same is true of many brands. You might also have just got one of the bad ones in a bunch.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
That used to be one of my staples. Some how I got away from them. Not the same now. I do remember that when they first came out they were the bomb. Then they changed factories and became not as good.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
That used to be one of my staples. Some how I got away from them. Not the same now. I do remember that when they first came out they were the bomb. Then they changed factories and became not as good.
Yeah, I remember them as being very good smokes!! I think :dunno:

Are these red-banded?

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yes, these are the red banded ones

I remember it being a very 'dirty' cigar, like someone had dropped it in the sand. Hot and harsh too. It was hard to discern any flavors, I couldn't get past the icky flavor in my mouth (<--- In case you're :wtf: I have a 3 year old).

I had some 5Vegas Gold's that were the same way, and I had a really ugly view on them. I left a few of them sitting in the bottom of my humi for 6-8 months and figured I'd give it one more shot before I tossed them, or just started handing them out on the street. I smoked up the rest in a couple of weeks. Time sure helped them out, and they were actually quite good.

I may pick up another CAO L Anniversaire Maduro and try sticking it in the bottom corner of my humi just to see if that helps.