What's new

CAO OSA Sol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought I would contribute a little and offer my humble opinion on a stick I recently burned. I'm new here, and pretty new to cigars in general, so bear with me.

I bought this smoke, CAO OSA Sol, a while back, probably 8-9 months ago. I remember when I bought it at my local B&M I planned on smoking it that night, and had them cut it with a v-cut in the store. I never got around to smoking it, and it sat in my humidor until the other day.

The stick felt good in my fingers with its oily brown wrapper. It lit easy and burned even, I never had to touch up. The draw was perfect in my opinion, not too lose or tight, but it had just the right amount of resistance.The flavors were pretty simple, woodsy and earthy. It tasted like just good quality tobacco. The flavor profile was very consistent and did not change at all. The ash was sturdy and grey. This stick produced a thick creamy smoke and gave off a short-med finish with clean aftertaste.

This was a Lot 50 5x50 Robusto. I would recommend this if you were looking for a med-full consistent earthy smoke. The flavors are not complex and don't change though out the smoke, but it was still enjoyable. On the band are the coordinates for where the leafs are grown. I thought that was kind of cool.

Attachments

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
thank you for the review. i really enjoy this cigar. the robusto is the best vitola of the of the osa sol imo. this is not in my regular rotation, but i'd say i grab it once a month.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
thanks for the review! hit most of the major points i got from it. good smoke if a place has a weak selection, or you were going to be paying attention to something other than your cigar. interested to try the lot46, the announced corona gorda, to see if the smaller ring helps the complexity.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this stick, and agree the robusto is the best of the line. Just a very nice toasty, medium bodied profile of very clean, almost "raw" tobacco flavors. Not a wow cigar, but a very good stick for the price.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thx for the review. I've had a few OSA's and generally agree with your thoughts and the consensus from the brothers commenting. It's a well made stick, that tastes fine, but there's no "wow" factor. It's not something in my regular rotation.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are one of my go to smokes. I first tried the large one (Lot 58?) and didn't love it but the a guy at my B&M said to try the Lot 50 and I love it. Just bought 6 because my B&M got the last stick standing tins and I had been wanting one of those. Great price point on the OSA too.