What's new

CAO Soprano...

Puff13

Stogie Buster
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My wife bought me one of these for Christmas...

this was a nice cigar,it had a nice smooth draw to it..its has a really nice rich dark wrapper, it had a dark nutty flavor in the first few puffs, and it smoothed out into a rich creamy coffie taste which intensified to the end,i nubed this one..at the price of these i cant afford them to much , but it was a nice cigar to smoke....

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I agree with you. Its a good cigar but way too much $. I've had one and would say two is my max.

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
CAO used to be a favorite of mine until they started to sell into more advertising than cigars. I promised myself not to buy into the Soprano hype, but I tried it anyways. I think its the best they made since the original Maduro. Pricey, but full flavored that kept on developing. I was also impressed with the balance of the fullness. Most new cigars are just about spice and power, this one has a good balance between both! I give it two thumbs up!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have not tried one yet (don't know if I will?) but the owner of the B&M shop I get some smokes from said the same exact thing. "Not a bad cigar, but way over priced". He actually talked me out of buying one and steered me to a better cigar at a much better price!

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
I would buy a couple just to have for those few days that I want to smoke something out of the normal. I think if they would have not put the Soprano name on it and kept it at $10 or under, it would have been one of the years best sellers.

Puff13

Stogie Buster
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ohpus said:
I would buy a couple just to have for those few days that I want to smoke something out of the normal. I think if they would have not put the Soprano name on it and kept it at $10 or under, it would have been one of the years best sellers.

I agree....

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
puff13 review was dead on but I had one difference and need to smoke a couple more to verify. The first third full of soft, sweet, mild spice and dark woody tastes, and then the second third lost all of those tastes except for sweetness. It was like smoking pure Cameroon!!! I loved it. Then the last third jumped in with tons of spice and became nice and full. Any other's have the same experience, or is it just me????

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two Jacks said:
... He actually talked me out of buying one and steered me to a better cigar at a much better price!
So don't keep us hanging: What did he steer you to and how did you like it? Inquiring minds want to know...

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
Man I missed this one! Is TWO JACKS saying that his opion is better than my opinion????? ehhh??????? So WHAT did he steer you to that was better than my opinion!!!! Rude I tell ya, Just rude!!!!!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok, I guess I should have clarified my verbage :hanghead. He showed me what HE thought was a better cigar, or just as good as the Soprano, at a better price. He sits in his shop 5 days a week and smokes everything in sight, so I figured he would know?
He turned me on to some Maria Mancini's (Magic Mountain) Great cigar now and even better with some age. Don't hear too much about them but really a great cigar esp the Maduro :thumbsup: I think JR's sells them but they are out of stock alot???? Hmmmmmm

Sorry ohpus if the wordage came out wrong about my opinion. I meant the opinion of the shop owner. :wtf: I'm sure I will try the Soprano line. I enjoy just about all of CAO's smokes, its just the price that made me shy away!

I'll just go away now :eyequiver

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I know!! But seriously, as soon as JR's gets the Magic Mountains in stock, I am going to pick up a box or two. I will make sure I send some your way. Really good smokes for $2-3 a stick.
As Tony says "We need to keep peace in da family" Bada Bing !!!

I love that show!!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
has cao even started rolling their own cigars, yet?
Who does their rolling for them?

We know for sure they do their own advertising. I would say the best in the business as far as marketing goes.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ironically, it's the marketing that has turned me away from these. I do not like The Sopranos, so I just marked this line up as a gimmick, even though I do like CAO's.

I got one from my Secret Santa, though, so we'll see...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Doofus said:
Ironically, it's the marketing that has turned me away from these. I do not like The Sopranos, so I just marked this line up as a gimmick, even though I do like CAO's.

I got one from my Secret Santa, though, so we'll see...
I would not try a cigar based on that. I might not buy them more than once due to the marketing/higher price.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TOJE said:
They have been for a few years now.
Really? I though Torano and perdomo made them for CAO. Didn't know they had their own factory.

I smoked 2 sopranos and I didn't like either. Too much money for a very blah smoke.