What's new

CAO World Pack

Katmancross

Katmancross
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAO Humidor.jpg

CAOWRLD.jpg

I have an assignment to review these cigars. It will be rigorous and tough. I must slog through an aging mind and an addled brain...But I will gird my loins and DO It!
Thank you, Shelby. You are a magnificent human being!

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I had an Italia a couple of months ago and wasn't too pleased with it. I actually stopped smoking it after about an inch because I really was not enjoying it.

I know this will sound like a "WTF?" thing to say, but the only thing I can equate the flavour and texture of the smoke to is egg.

I found it had the feeling in my mouth of, like, cold eggs.

It was kind of gross.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I had an Italia a couple of months ago and wasn't too pleased with it. I actually stopped smoking it after about an inch because I really was not enjoying it.

I know this will sound like a "WTF?" thing to say, but the only thing I can equate the flavour and texture of the smoke to is egg.

It was kind of gross.
I wasn't impressed either Bro

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I think the Brazilia is a great stick for the money. I've found them to be very consistent, every one was good.
The America I had was pretty good. I wasn't a fan of the other two.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

It was kind of gross.
May depend on size. My first Italia was a Toro and hard such a tight draw and not much flavor. But back in the summer I revisited the cigar with a 4"x38 CAO Italia and it was great.

My concerns at the moment is if CAO changed their blends or where they are made since they got bought out. I bought a 10 pack of the Brazilia which was one of my favorite cigars of all time and I didn't enjoy it too much. Wasn't bad, just didn't have that unique taste and quality I remember.

I do love their Maduro's though. VR and La Traviata Maduro are superb.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'm totally stoked to get my hands on a La Traviata at some point. All I hear is intense praise for these sticks.

I also have a couple of MX2's from a 10-pack I split with my brother some time ago. Again, very interested to try them out.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I really like the Brazilia, just wish they were more consistent in construction. The America is pretty good as well as the Corillo. Of these my least favorite was the Italia. Looking forward to your review. Enjoy!

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
La Traviata is one of the best CAO smokes; especially for the money. I hope these things do not change as a result of the sale and recent management changes of CAO and General Cigar.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The Criollo get's awesome with age ... tons of buttery flavors. The America improves with age as well. I like the Italia personally, reminds me of an Oliva G Maduro with more character.

The Brazilia gets my vote out of the 4 as well ... though the aged Criollos really are great.

The Vision, La Traviata, MX2, LX2, Black, the aged Golds from 2002, Brazilia and aged Criollos are all definitely worth trying (in order of my favorites), imvho.

For those that like that spicy + sweet combo like I do, I really recommend the MX2 (or MX3 if you can find it). They need to be dry-boxed for several days at least, but they are very tasty!

rlavoie910

gran habano
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the italia was a great smoke in the box press, the others i didnt much care for, than again that could just be my box press addiction talking