What's new

Capresso Infinity

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
While mine took a crap....I had the metal stainless steel finish. Is there a vast difference in the plastic models? I am thinking of getting the black plastic as the stainless always had finger prints on it. Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
My guess is that it is like the other capresso products. I have a Capresso coffee machine and mine has the black filter on top but it is the same item as the all stainless version. My guess is that the stainless is the exact same mechanical parts as the black plastic. Why would they make different mechamisms?

On a side note I have a Bodum Antigua that I bought from Brian at Blackdog. I've had it for over three years now and it never had a hitch in its giddyup. My mother also has the same model and loves it.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I think that the plastic model supposedly generates more static electricity, making the grounds stick to the parts. I have the stainless steel model and don't have any static issues. The stainless is heavier of course, not that the plastic one is going to waltz across the counter when you turn it on.

If my stainless model died, I would probably go with the same again, if I could afford to.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Geez Tom where have you been keeping yourself? I had the plastic model and the static was heavy. Still loved it tho.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
The static is bad on my Bodum depending on the freshness of the coffee for some reason. I was thinking about a way to dissipate the build up of static somehow....

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I forgot about the static issue and I believe that is why I went with the metal stainless. I think I am just going to go with that one even though I'd love to save the cash.