What's new

Caprica on ScFi

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I watched the 2 hour Caprica movie but haven't yet watched any episodes from the series. I will have to start tivoing the episodes and catch up. I really liked the Battlestar Galactica series. I even remember watching the original Battlestar Galactica Series from the late 70's.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
I can get all 5 episodes "On Demand" here and have watched them over the past week or so. It is definitely out there. I think it has some potential though. Somehow it ties in to Battlestar Galactica. I've never watched that show so I'm not sure if I'm missing references.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I can get all 5 episodes "On Demand" here and have watched them over the past week or so. It is definitely out there. I think it has some potential though. Somehow it ties in to Battlestar Galactica. I've never watched that show so I'm not sure if I'm missing references.
I didn't watch Battlestar Galactica until the final year. I ended up watching the whole series in a month as it was very addictive, lol.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
BSG was one of my favorite series ever. I didn't start on it until season 3, then went back and watched everything on DVD.

I am having a hard time with Caprica. I keep hoping it will grab me, but I have the last few episodes recorded and haven't brought myself to watch them.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I never watched BSG either, but I like Caprica. I didn't even know it was a prequel until they mentioned CYLONs. Maybe I'll hafta go back and watch BSG.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
kmckinn3 said:
Yes this is pre BSG days. Admrial Adama is the boy William in this series.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I had such mixed feelings about this in the beginning. Like BSG they explore a lot of really interesting social and cultural issues. Unfortunately, to get there they ask you to swallow some really awkward plot devices.

I think it's getting better. Even if not, I'm willing to give it a season to see where it goes.

Are we looking to keep this thread spoiler-free, or is the plot open to discussion?

-Charles

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I would prefer to keep it spoiler free, I have never been one to read about upcoming episodes and insite.

However if you all want to add inside scoop I won't look.
I like to be suprised when catching new shows

Chas

Bon Vivant
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After five yonks on the Battlestar hook - I'm just not getting into Caprica - course all telly is leaving me a bit cold in me travels - covering that U.S. beat has me bummed half the time I reckon - Caprica just isn't enough escape with real life unfolding the way it is just now - I like the concept though and would enjoy getting into it brova ~:0)