What's new

Car Smokin'

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, after de-virginizing my car at the DC herf and having no ill efects from it, I decided to smoke a cigar on my way home from work yesterday.

I don't think I am going to be doing that very often.

The cigar was delicious and very enjoyable. The issue I had is that the act of navigating Northern Virginia traffic was distrcating me from the enjoyment of the cigar.

When I smoke I really like to focus on the cigar and the smoke. I like to be able to analyze the flavors present, appreciate the construction of the hand rolled beauty of the cigar, and just relax.

Just couldn't do that yesterday.

Oh yeah, the car smelled fine today, so that isn't really an issue.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I too had trouble at first enjoying a cigar while driving. After awhile though it's gotten to the point where I can pay attention to the road and still be able to appreciate the smoke. In fact, it's become such a habit that I really miss it when I forget to bring one along. I spend some time enjoying the prelight aroma, draw and construction before lighting up and beginning my drive. I almost never light one if I've already started driving. I've done it a few times but trying to get a good cut and trying to toast the foot of the cigar without toasting my fingers or steering wheel have proved to be too much. Bear in mind that I drive a 4WD pickup and the ride is less than smooth.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I only smoked a couple of times in my old car. But it was usually on a weekend during a leasurily drive with the top down!! :lol: This way I get to enjoy the cigar the warm breeze in my face, sun on me and the car had no smell of a cigar the next day at all!! :smt082

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
wasch_24 said:
When I smoke I really like to focus on the cigar and the smoke. ........., and just relax..
I feel the same about getting blowjobs so I know where your comin' from...In my own fucked up round about way that is.....hehehe:lol:

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Pulse said:
I feel the same about getting blowjobs so I know where your comin' from...In my own fucked up round about way that is.....hehehe:lol:
Hey I'm not prude here and know the old saying you take them when you can get them, but honestly is while driving the best time to get one specially the way you MASS drivers are!!! :smt082

bigPDAgeek

Lurker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that I have to be in the mood to smoke in the car. If I'm in a rush, or if the traffic is particularly bad, it can be almost impossible to enjoy a smoke in the car. The best days are when I can get in the "zone." The zone is when I can take my time, pretty much ignore the traffic and just relax. These are the days when you're not defending your lane against being cut off, you're just hanging back and have gotten into that "I'll get there, when I get there" zone.

I drive from Annapolis to NW DC on a daily basis, and I go through the city. I don't touch the beltway. Try slowing down and getting in the zone. It's not easy, but when you can do that, you can enjoy a cigar during the commute.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I actually have a pretty relaxed commute...no highway use. I take these nice long curvey and hilly roads through Fairfax Staion and Prince William County. I am going to try it again a couple more times and see if I can get used to it.

jcleer1

Jim Cleer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I smoke in the car everyday on the way home. I find it relaxes me so I don't seem to mind the insidious traffic jams I get stuck in. In fact, depending on what time of day I hit the road determines the size of the smoke. If I know I am going to get stuck in God awful traffic, it's a churchill or dc. Less traffic, robutsto or toro.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I smoke all the time while I'm driving any distance, it's a time of solitude, I also do a lot of thinking and planning while I drive,....I'm not looking for the same thing from my cigar as I do do when I'm out on the deck or kicking back at home....I also never smoke any of the good stuff while driving, unless I'm driving a long distance, say a couple hours out on the open highway.....I'll try to pick the right cigar for whatever the drive will be

Have Cigar Will Travel :dancing:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like to enjoy a cigar in the car myself I don't bring anything to complex just a decent smoke I find my driving changes drasticly I slow down and I'm not in any hurry. Its funny if you think about the health risks it seems to balance out well my stress level is 0 when smoking a cigar while driving but you do inhale a lot more smoke do to lack of ventalation I wonder if this should be some sort of medical study:lol:

mike toro

neophyte Bolivar acolyte
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you turn on your heat or AC, even on low coming out by the floorboards, and crack the drivers side window about 1/2 inch, you get a vacuum effect and all the smoke zips right out. Otherwise the second hand smoke is too much, IMHO.

It is the cigar that makes my commute bearable. With a light cigar and some good music, I don't care how many assholes are on the road. Without that I'm contemplating ways to murder them.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
mike toro said:
It is the cigar that makes my commute bearable. With a light cigar and some good music, I don't care how many assholes are on the road. Without that I'm contemplating ways to murder them.
:smt023 I hear That!