What's new

Carlos Fernandez custom roll Lonsdale-extra ligero

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
As I was told, Carlos Fernandez is a 9th Category Master roller from the Partagas factory for13+ years. He's been rolling at LCDH Tijuana for a few from time to time. The current tobacco that is being used now to roll the bundles is from the Pinar del Rio region which has been home to some of the best tobacco crops in all of Cuba.

CF Lonsdale xtra ligero

20140610_095012.jpg 20140610_104655.jpg 20140610_120642.jpg

Appearnce/construction- A light-medium brown veiny slightly rough wrapper, some of which extends over foot of cigar. It is firm from head to foot and gives a feel fine quality.

Draw/burn- A fine draw and burn from beginning to end.

Pre-light- hay

1/3- Immediately starts off with chocolate and floral, hints of spicy pepper, wood, peanut, hay and cream. A bit tannic on the finish.

2/3- Continues with chocolate and floral as the dominant flavors while the strength builds. Wood, spice, cream, peanut and hay are in the background.

3/3- More of the same all the way to till my fingers nearly burn.

Burn time~ 2 hours

Overall, an enjoyable medium+ bodied flavorful cigar. Assuming aging would help the slightly tannic finish, it will make it a great afternoon treat.

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
W.b. These should be good for a couple months and may get sick for a while after that Dub. Thanks for a review of the X.L. Lonnie. The Gran Reserva robusto xtra blend was VERY GOOD for being rolled 2 weeks ago. How about your thoughts on the other size!?!? :)

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
W.b. These should be good for a couple months and may get sick for a while after that Dub. Thanks for a review of the X.L. Lonnie. The Gran Reserva robusto xtra blend was VERY GOOD for being rolled 2 weeks ago. How about your thoughts on the other size!?!? :)

Thanks brotha, I'll will keep that in mind. I've yet to try the robusto, but certainly look forward to trying it! Glad to of taken a bit of time to review it, paying closer attention to it made for a more rewarding experience.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Thanks for the review Warren! These can be really good for sure. I did have a few year old Conde 109 that I didn't think was all that special though, but as Jfire said the recent "Gran Reserva" blend was really good IMO.