What's new

Carlos Torano Cameroon 1916 Torpedo

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Tonight I had my usual tall glass of ice water but no coffee. Went out on the deck at 10:30 pm and settled on the double swing with this big guy. The pre light taste was gentle and creamy and the pre-light draw created high expectations. He lit up real easy and very even and burned evenly right down to the nub. It was a breezy evening and the solid ash fell off at about 1 1/2 inches with the gentle wind's help. I could taste a buttery smooth flavor right at the start and this continued to around the middle of the cigar. Every so often, a caramel sensation would brighten up the flavor. The wrapper left it's sweet nectar on my lips as my tongue would reach out and draw it into my mouth. A unique flavor kept creeping in and out but I just couldn't put my finger on what it was. After the midway point, this scrappy little guy got playful and presented a slightly leathery taste and I think I was feeling the bite of the nicotine although it still remained smooth. It gently intensified with the nicotine bite but didn't hurt a bit. As it approached the nub state, that unique sensation came back one more time to tease me. I recognized it but thought it peculiar. It was the aftertaste that a stalk of celery leaves on your tongue. This was new but refreshing. Every time this guy would burn a little hot, I would sip my ice water and ready myself for the finale. By this time I was chewing hard on the end. It never got boring or too aggressive. For $3.00, I had spent an enjoyable evening out on the deck with a new friend I expect to see again.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Nice review! I haven't had one in a while but remember them being enjoyable.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Nice review. I keep a box of this cigar in this vitola onhand all the time. They really are nice after a year of sitting. Just had one last week. Also a really good morning cigar with coffee. One of the best Cameroon smokes on the market, IMHO.