What's new

Carlos Torano's Fortress

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Most Toranos I've had are good. The 1916 is a great standard nutty Cameroon at a great price, the Exodus is a nice cocoa and earthy cigar, the Casa Torano is a great mild cigar.

I haven't had the Exodus 50 Years yet but that's probably the next one I"ll look to pick up. But I'm more than willing to give the Master and Fortress a try.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
So has anyone experienced these yet?

I'm really anxious to try them. Just with all the trouble there is in getting them up here to me, I don't want to blind buy.

Was thinking of picking up the Torano Mega Sampler off CI, which features these as well as 4 other Torano blends.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was gifted one also a few weeks ago. I will toast it up tonight or tomorrow.
I am a fan of the Masters. Good stick.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'm really, really intrigued by the description of its vanilla flavours.

Vanilla is a flavour I find quite rare in cigars, but is one of my absolute favorites.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Nice point, I am to. Will be an interesting smoke I hope.

I hope so!

The flavours I like kind of run the whole gamut - just depends on my mood!

Sometimes I love a nice, hearty maduro with rich earthy tones. Sometimes I want the lighter side of a connecticut with the toasty bread and nut flavours.

It sounds like the Fortress is very much in the middle, pleasing both fans of mild-medium strength sticks, as well as those who like strong, rich flavours.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I am on the look out for a couple of these. I have had great success with the Torano's that I have smoked. From the Virtuoso to the 1959 Exodus to the Noventa to the Tribute. These were all sticks that I have at least 3 or 4 on hand of every one.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I tried the Fortress the other day. Not that good IMHO. Got really harsh and nasty in the second half. The Exodus 50 years is excellent though.