What's new

Carry Rig Setup?

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
What's your current setup? I carry a G23 at the 12:00 position in an IWB C-TAC. The holster has a slight modification...I switched the leather tabs which allows it to sit about an inch lower in the waistband.

What are you using?

Attachments

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
john tripp said:
So it is holstered pointing at your............WTF??????
Easiest concealable spot in my opinion.

A holstered gun is no threat to my pee pee. The only way a gun goes off is if the trigger is pulled. A quality holster, such as the one in the pic, protects the trigger guard and prevents anything from "pulling" that trigger.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
With my gut, it might be more along the lines of "stuffing". :bouncetau

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I carry a Glock 19 at 4:00 with an IWB Milt Sparks VersaMax II. This time of year I usually use the tuckable kydex clips rather than the belt loops.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Same position (12oclock), and if I am wearing a shirt that is not tucked in, my cell phone is clipped to the first belt loop right of the button, allowing me to clear my shirt quicker/easier when drawing...

Andrew

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Actually, even if I didn't have a gut I think it would give me trouble sitting down. Or maybe I just wear my pants too low. It's a gangsta thing (NOT!).

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have three CCW pieces. In order of preference: Kimber Stainless Classic in .45 ACP, H&K USP Compact 45, and Kahr PM9.

Usual mode is IWB at about 4–5:00 o'clock, in FIST ultrathin kydex holsters. The onliest time I carry close to 12:00 o'clock is when the PM9 goes into deep concealment in a Smart Carry (Thunderwear-type) holster.

Add one more. When I'm flyfishing, I carry a Taurus M44 in a chest-mount tactical rig. Not really CCW but the vest and waders usually cover it for the most part.