What's new

Carry Rig Setup?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
PetersCreek said:
I have three CCW pieces. In order of preference: Kimber Stainless Classic in .45 ACP, H&K USP Compact 45, and Kahr PM9.

Usual mode is IWB at about 4–5:00 o'clock, in FIST ultrathin kydex holsters. The onliest time I carry close to 12:00 o'clock is when the PM9 goes into deep concealment in a Smart Carry (Thunderwear-type) holster.

Add one more. When I'm flyfishing, I carry a Taurus M44 in a chest-mount tactical rig. Not really CCW but the vest and waders usually cover it for the most part.
Ya, you never know what those fish might be packing... :ninja:

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
allanf said:
I still can't get over all you guys actually carrying concealed handguns...
Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

You have a smoke alarm at home?...you expecting a fire?
You wear a seatbelt?...you expecting an accident?
You have life insurance?...you expecting to kick the bucket soon?

We have many things in life as precautionary measures...which a concealed weapon suits the same purpose for me. I don't have 10 minutes to wait for the cops to come save me.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
DWavs said:
Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

You have a smoke alarm at home?...you expecting a fire?
You wear a seatbelt?...you expecting an accident?
You have life insurance?...you expecting to kick the bucket soon?

We have many things in life as precautionary measures...which a concealed weapon suits the same purpose for me. I don't have 10 minutes to wait for the cops to come save me.

nice i like that post..

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My smoke alarm battery is dead.
Half the time I don't wear the seatbelt..i'm too cool ;-)
and the only life insurance I have is the stuff I get for free from my employer.

AND...I'm not waiting on the cops for anything...except when i might get my next ticket...

That all being said...I was just asking...
BUT....Where do you have room for your comb?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sig 228 in a DeSantis "Sky Marshal" cross draw holster. Much more comfortable when driving or flying.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
DWavs stole my thunder! I liken 'em to fire extinguishers. I hope never to use mine but they're there if I need 'em...and if I do ever need one, I'm really gonna need it.

Allan — Where I'm from, shootin' fish in a barrel is just an expression. A fella who worked at my favorite fly shop was charged by a grizzly while fishing, oh, two or three years ago. It turned out not to be a bluff charge nor was he just interested in the fish. This man walked away with his hide intact only because he had a magnum caliber handgun (.357 in his case) on his person. I for one don't want to lament not havin' a gun while a bear is chewing on my head.

...and I don't need no stinkin' comb. Brush it in the mornin' and I'm good for the day.

turtle

Kimbers Rock
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kimber custom II in a Galco Royal Guard 3 o'clock. 2 spare mags in a Desantis holder at 9 o'clock. Just in case and to balance the weight around.