What's new

"Carve Your Own Path" (Crowned Heads)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BOTL - When we began Crowned Heads some 4+ years ago...the philosophy behind the company always meant so much more to me/us than just "making & selling cigars."

Crowned Heads was an opportunity for Mike and I to have a "Do-Over" at a pivotal point in our careers. One of the key mantras we whittled the CH philosophy down to was, "When the rules don't make sense--Carve Your Own Path" (#CYOP). Life is short--nobody says you have to follow the same path that everyone before you has trudged down. We wanted to provide an example within our industry that you didn't necessarily need to do it like everyone before us had, i.e., we chose NOT to do the countless "Buy 3 Get 1 Free" in-store appearances, we chose NOT to advertise in print/radio, we chose NOT to have our faces plastered all over posters, ads, etc. We simply wanted to create cigars that we loved to smoke, in the hopes that someone 'out there' would enjoy them, as well. In short, we 'carved our own path.'

And I wish I had a dime for every time a retailer told me, "You don't know what you're doing...you're gonna fail if you don't travel and do events...you need to advertise in magazines...blah, blah, blah." Well, I'm happy to say that we began shipping our first cigars in November 2011, and we are still here; a few of those naysayers are now among some of our best retail partners--a couple have gone by the wayside. But the point is, I sincerely hope that when you think of 'Crowned Heads' you will think of more than just cigars. I hope that when you think of Crowned Heads you will take away some small inspiration that you can apply to YOUR life, and know in your heart that you CAN 'carve your own path,' and you DON'T have to do it like everyone else. Life is a blank piece of paper that you can draw anything you can dream of upon--create your destiny!

Thanks for listening....and thank you all for supporting and believing in Crowned Heads. We can't do it without YOU!

Cheers!

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Jon, you guys were I believe the first small batch company I got into and love how everything you guys do has a meaning. That in itself shows how much you guys care about what you and what you provide to the consumer. Anyone that cares that much about what they do is bound to succeed. Congrats and keep it up.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Being I was never knew of the company until joining here, I have to say the cigars are always going to be a staple in my humidor. They're amazing smokes. And so glad my B&M carries some of the CH line...I told them keep it up!!

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
@JonHuber I buy your product because flat out it is one of my favorite smokes. That being said it is also nice to know I am supporting someone with as much passion about what they are doing. Keep up the good work and no matter how successful you go on to be remember that passion for what you do and don't ever let anything other than that passion drive your business. Oh and free hats, free hats are the key to success.

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
@JonHuber - You and your team understand. You get it. It's not only the cigar world that is changing, but anything that benefits from any kind of media or publicity. If you have a good product and you build solid relationships, the "new media" will help you to succeed because they enjoy your product and they believe in you. No need for a $50k run of ads in the big magazines. No need to spend 300 days a year on the road to different cities. No need to make your cigars look and taste like all the rest.

You and your team have stood tall, made good product, and built solid relationships. Now, your fans help out on social media because we want to see you succeed even further. We are excited to see what crazy and fun idea you come up with next. Mostly, we just want to relax and enjoy the cigars that you bring to market. Keep up the good work!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
@JonHuber - Haters do what haters do! I love it that your only competition is to be better tomorrow than you were today. It's even bigger of you to help those that hated you onto the train that is traveling at warp speed to the top not only of the cigar marketplace but, to be a case study for some B School in how to achieve market share without sacrificing ones' self and keeping customer service in focus.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
@JonHuber, you and Mike keep doing what you're doing! The proof of the #cyop concept is your success, the amazing cigars and brands you've developed, and the large numbers of us who love your products. Not because of "what" you've done, but rather the way you've done things and what you've chosen not to do.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
You guys have some great cigars and they speak for themselves. I don't know of any others that send personalized notes to their customers. This type of hands-on communication does not go unnoticed and it makes you top-notch in my book. Keep up the good work. No pressure at all! ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's insperational and uplifting to know that this passion and desire to carve your own path still burns as an unrelenting flame in some. This is the perfect picture of how this great country was founded. In this day in age where too many are looking for the next handout and settling for mediocrity, your words put into action are a breath of fresh air. This is but one reason I gladly support CH. Carry on humbly and be blessed.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
@JonHuber your passion for what you do is clear and evident in all of your product offerings. I have yet to be disappointed by anything Crowned Heads churns out. My only regret is that my budget doesn't allow me to support you and what you do more. But it doesn't end there. You know what service is and in today's society that is rare. Too many companies are happy to sell you something then kick you square in the ass when something isn't right with their product. You go above and beyond to stand behind what you do and that is one of the biggest reasons I love to support what you do. Keep on keeping on brother.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Your product sells itself. ..my wallet clearly loves you...my wife thinks you're a Svengali ....I just want more of your cigars...a simpler plan I've never seen. ..buy..smoke.. Win.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Awesome post mate. So happy you got to make something from nothing and produce amazing cigars. Kudos for going against the current and succeeding.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Jon, thanks for posting that - especially the "when the rules don't make sense" part. I always thought the "#CYOP" was just a marketing thing; it's good to know the meaning behind it. (y)

Doc Sixstring

Patience and practice
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon my ignorance, I'm new to this section. Are there any e-tailers with worldwide shipping that supply CH? I'd love to try your product!