What's new

Casa Fuente

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So here is a kick for you all. Was as the Corona Store last night, you got it, I live by this store. So I was just looking around like I always do, I am like a kid in a candy store when I am there and guess what... I ran into these babies behind lock and key. I was talking to the guy, he told me that yes they are only sold in Vegas but since they got their humi from there that they were able to get a box or two. The sticker price on them were outrageous 50 dollars a pop. I dont know what size there were and I dont know what sizes they carry, I totally forgot to ask, maybe b/c I was a little drunk but I am sure that I will be back to find out here in the day or two. I guess $50 is cheaper than driving/flying out there just to pick some up. My question for you all is, are they worth that price just to try or not?

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
No....not at that price. They are right at $25 each in Vegas. I have smoked a couple out there, brought a couple back and have a couple I brought back for Kirskovitch that he requested.

IMO, if you are out there or know someone that is and will get them for you, it is worth it just to say you tried one (at $25), but definitley not $50. There is nothing special about these cigars other than they are only available at Casa Fuente.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
See that is what I thought too, but my drunk judgement :bottle: was telling me otherwise last night. I hate when that happens. Thanks goodness I still had a little common sense to say that is way over the top. I try not to buy to much from that store, prices are jacked up to much, I stick to the small guys and support them, and most of the time the little guys prices are lower than the prices at Coronas.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
The Casa is a great cigar, but not a $50 cigar, hell, I don't know if there is such a thing as a cigar that's worth $50.00 IMHO. I've loved the AF13's I've had, but ain't gonna pay $125 a pop. All that being said, they are a great cigar.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I bought a few last time i was in Vegas (Mar 06) and found that they need several months to mellow a bit... just like Opus. Just MVHO.

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
I did a box split not to long ago and smoked one for the De La Hoya vs Mayweather fight. I was actually disappointed in the smoke and I payed about $20 for each....take it fwiw:scratchhe

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
See that is what I thought too, but my drunk judgement :bottle: was telling me otherwise last night. I hate when that happens. Thanks goodness I still had a little common sense to say that is way over the top. I try not to buy to much from that store, prices are jacked up to much, I stick to the small guys and support them, and most of the time the little guys prices are lower than the prices at Coronas.
I'll be in Vegas the end of this month. Send me the $50 and I'll buy you one and put the $25 you saved on the roullette table.:stretchgr

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I was just going to say Chuck is going there soon, but he beat me to the punch.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I don't think they are worth the 50$ pricetag either. However, at the Casa price I think they are worth it for a special occasion smoke. To me, with maybe the exception of the Don Carlos Lancero, these are the best Fuente made sticks I've ever tasted. Very complex and flavorful IMHO. I should mention that I haven't tried a GOF and not sure I want to. The one Fuente made cigar I haven't tried that I think I would love is the 30th anni Don Carlos. I'm a sucker for Cameroon wrappers, what can I say. :eyequiver