CBD / Hemp Oil

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Xavier Dredo, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Xavier Dredo

Xavier Dredo

Anyone have any experience with CBD oil, besides using it for your dog? My Mom is 88 and we’ve recently had to place her in a nursing home. She has pretty severe Parkinson’s and has some mild anxiety issues. My sisters are trying her on Hemp oil. I told them I’d try it out myself to see what the effects are and I ordered a 1 month supply from Charlottes Web, which claims to be full spectrum with levels of CBD confirmed by an independent lab.

2. ChuckMejia

ChuckMejia The General

Media:
    Albums:
    I think it works but it’s expensive

I ended up just getting the real stuff to save money

3. unfairtoast

unfairtoast donor4

Media:
    Albums:
    My sister-in-law's father used it as an addition to chemo for his brain tumor which seemed to help him and my mother uses it for her fibromyalgia. They swear by it.
    We're in Washington...so there's 5 stores down the road that advertise having it. Our prices are low and don't reflect the national average.
    From what I've been told, the Charlotte's web is very pure.

4. Oso-Ish08

Oso-Ish08

I have started to use CBD oil. Still new to it and all I have to say is that I sleep better and the back is feeling real nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CVAC085 and Glassman like this.
  5. navyvet

navyvet

Media:
    Albums:
    I just started my step dad on it. He has very bad arthritis. In my experience it is much cheaper to smoke. So.eone with full blown Parkinson's would cost around 160 a month for a quality product. My step dad is on 1000mg full spectrum from cbdistillary he says he has had no pain since about the second week.

6. Tyler86

Tyler86

I have also been using CBD for Anxiety for a few months, seems to help, placebo effect?

Stupid Tapatalk

hipstersean likes this.
  7. Big Tex

Big Tex

I have been using it for about three months for back and neck pain. I have had three neck surgeries, one lumbar surgery and a boat load of steroid injections over the years for herniated discs/ pinched nerves. I have taken every pain med and muscle relaxer under the sun. Some pain meds work without making me useless, but every muscle relaxer that provides any relief makes me useless. I get relief from the muscle tension in my neck and shoulders within 15 minutes of drinking the CBD oil.
    Take it for what it’s worth, but it’s worth a try in my opinion. I purchase mine from CBD American Shaman, both locally and online. The extra strength tastes bad, mix it with some apple juice. They make a blueberry flavor that I like. I may give this charlottes web a try next time.

Sent from my iPad using Crapatalk Pro

8. Xavier Dredo

Xavier Dredo

Thanks for the feedback. My Mom typically has to get up 10-15 time a night to use the bathroom and needs help from the aids. We think the aids at her facility are getting tired of it. She’s been using the hemp oil my sister bought for about a week and she told me today she only had to get up twice, so maybe something good will come from it.

CVAC085, Opie, Glassman and 3 others like this.
  9. kit_luce

kit_luce To the ones we can save, and those we can't.

No personal experience as its a smidge risky for me at work just because some of them have latent thc left in them. But of my friends and family that use it they love and swear by it. I have heard of Charlottes Web and it seems to be a fairly reputable place. @Hoshneer has it at their B&M iirc, he might have some input.

10. kit_luce

kit_luce To the ones we can save, and those we can't.

Also, our newest member @hipstersean might have some input also

11. hipstersean

hipstersean

I used to use it for siatica pain but now it's a bit risky since the stuff I have is full spectrum and has a minute amount of thc. Can't compromise my young career with a dirty piss test. So unfortunately I just have to deal with the pain.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12. Hoshneer

Hoshneer Blumpkin King

Media:
    Albums:
    I sell a shit ton of it at our shop. My favorite product for the money is CBDistillery. It's the closest thing to a miracle drug. When I first started at the shop I thought it was bullshit but I see people get better and better everyday. It's impossible to deny at a certain point when it's starting you in the face.

Every single person responds to it differently depending on the receptors in your brain. I am personally on the higher dosage side and I take it for migraines and back pain. It's worked 100% on my migraines and pulled my back pain down 80%.

If you have any specific questions you are wondering about just ask me. I've probably answered every question I can think of. lol

13. GreekElite

GreekElite

To my knowledge, As long as it's an organic natural version, with 0 or limited THC, it could help with a multitude of illnesses. Some of the more synthetic versions, and those with high THC, tend to have an opposite effect after a while (like for anxiety, THC "wearoff" creates more anxiety; re: pain, you brain becomes hypersensitive to pain, etc)

Now I haven't sourced which are good and not, just from the doctors I work with and seminars.

Also you referring to the oil like going under the tongue? That is the best delivery if I recall correctly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. mi000ke

mi000ke

Massachusetts or Grand Cayman depending on weather
    What do you consider to be a "higher dosage", and is there an accepted "average" dosage for something like sciatica or back pain? Thanks.

15. Pennywise827

Pennywise827 Hot Ketchup

Albums:
    From my research, American Shaman offers the best product for the price. I personally do not use it, but most of my mechanics are on it, and these are diesel mechanics who regularly lift 100lb flywheels, torque heads to 250ft/lbs, etc.

There bodies are a wreck, and they get relief. All swear by the American Shaman products.

Glassman, Opie and Big Tex like this.
  16. Hoshneer

Hoshneer Blumpkin King

Media:
    Albums:
    It changes depending on the person but from my personal experience most people with severe back issues are anywhere between 30 to 60mg a day. It's not super high but they tend to fall in that range. The important part is making sure it's taken on a regular basis because it does take a little time to heal after you remove some inflammation.

I personally would start someone on about a 1000mg bottle that is about 30ml. Possibly have them start on a half dropper in the morning and right before bed. It's good to take at night to get rid of the inflammation while the body is resting and healing while there is no pressure.

Opie and Big Tex like this.
  17. D Quintero

D Quintero Fumador

Media:
    Albums:
    CBD by means of vaping is the best bang route.
    However, its a smaller market

Ive gotten very nice effects - a great tool for winding down.