What's new

CC Favorite 2012

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
What is your favorite 2012 production cigar? Not the best cigar you smoked in 2012, but your favorite fresh rolled/boxed 2012.
For me it's the 2012 Reyes. I prefer these to any aged Reyes I have and get the a incredible cashew flavor from them.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I admit that I don't smoke many freshies, but the one that stands out to me is the H.Upmann Half Corona. I normally wouldn't reach for a Upmann over some other cigars, but the Half Corona seemed rich with great flavor and didn't seem like it would need any downtime.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I admit that I don't smoke many freshies, but the one that stands out to me is the H.Upmann Half Corona. I normally wouldn't reach for a Upmann over some other cigars, but the Half Corona seemed rich with great flavor and didn't seem like it would need any downtime.
Same here. I have been flying through them. Excellent favors right out of the box.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Had one BPC so far. They seems to be very good right now!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What is your favorite 2012 production cigar? Not the best cigar you smoked in 2012, but your favorite fresh rolled/boxed 2012.
For me it's the 2012 Reyes. I prefer these to any aged Reyes I have and get the a incredible cashew flavor from them.
Sadly I have not had any 2012's yet. Heard nothing but great things, But That cashew flavor you speak of...never had it in any cigar. Have you had any other sticks with such a flavor?

Rating - 91.7%
12   1   0
I have 2012 Reyes and BPC and both are smoking great. I also have a box of RyJ short churchill's from 2012 those need more rest IMO.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Half coronas! Smoked through a box of september 12's already and am about to get started on my second box of same date. So young and they are already money..

I also had a box of Reyes from Feb 12 and they are amazing already so I also have to agree with you on that one.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Haven't had any of my 2012 smokes, but I will soon.
+1. I have too much stock with some decent age on it now that I don't even have space for any 2012/2013 boxes - need to either smoke faster or buy more storage (the latter not being a very good idea).

If I were to buy/smoke any fresh stock though, from everything I've seen/heard, the 2012 HdM Epi 2s have been pretty damn good.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
+1. I have too much stock with some decent age on it now that I don't even have space for any 2012/2013 boxes - need to either smoke faster or buy more storage (the latter not being a very good idea).

If I were to buy/smoke any fresh stock though, from everything I've seen/heard, the 2012 HdM Epi 2s have been pretty damn good.
Admittedly I do smoke way more than I thought. I do have enough aged stock to last me over a year and a deep stock of 2010/2011. Some of the boxes I buy now I smoke one to see how they are, others won't be opened for years. I recently bought another box of HU royal robustos. I have 2 boxes of 2011 that I buried not to be opened until 2015. Curiosity got the best of me so I got a box to try one out. I must say that they are outstanding fresh. Have not had a 2012 half corona yet but have been enjoying the 2011's since last year. My new train of thought is if something is good now, why wait? I do not use that theory on Cohiba though. 3 years minimum before ill start working through a box.

Mike

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0

Admittedly I do smoke way more than I thought. I do have enough aged stock to last me over a year and a deep stock of 2010/2011. Some of the boxes I buy now I smoke one to see how they are, others won't be opened for years. I recently bought another box of HU royal robustos. I have 2 boxes of 2011 that I buried not to be opened until 2015. Curiosity got the best of me so I got a box to try one out. I must say that they are outstanding fresh. Have not had a 2012 half corona yet but have been enjoying the 2011's since last year. My new train of thought is if something is good now, why wait? I do not use that theory on Cohiba though. 3 years minimum before ill start working through a box.
Well, look at that. I'd forgotten all about my HU Royal Robustos. I have a couple boxes of 11s and a couple 12s too. I just smoked a 2012 this past Saturday. It was indeed a damn great smoke Mike. The 2011 ORs being the reason I went back for more. The Upmann RRs definitely smoke great now, so I'd agree...no sense waiting if that's the case. My desire for diversity however, will allow them to at least get another 3-5 years on them before they're all gone.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
It's easy for me to age cigars.... I like diversity so I smoke many different kinds of cigars and I should probably admit that I have a hoarding tendency which means I don't go through boxes fast. The only reason I go through boxes fast is if I give them away to people losing contests, bombs etc. I gave away too many La Escepcions early on and now I'm pissed at my hoarding self!?! LOL

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
It's easy for me to age cigars.... I like diversity so I smoke many different kinds of cigars and I should probably admit that I have a hoarding tendency which means I don't go through boxes fast. The only reason I go through boxes fast is if I give them away to people losing contests, bombs etc. I gave away too many La Escepcions early on and now I'm pissed at my hoarding self!?! LOL
I am thinking you could open your own LCDH without placing an order. . .:headroll:

IMHO, the H. Upmann #2s from 2012 have been superb, ROTT.