What's new

CC Jars, really?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Okay, I'm looking for some advice from people that actually own some CC jars. I haven't had the chance of buying jars simply because I haven't really had the storage room. Now that I am ordering a cabinet humidor, I am really tempted to start buying a few jars like the Partagas, maybe the LGC, and fat chance the Chinese Bolivar. But I'm sitting here trying to pull the trigger on the Partagas P1 and I want to know, is it really worth the extra coin?

For those of you that own jars, are you happy with your purchase? Or once the novelty has worn off, does the jar simply get in the way? Do you actually store the cigars in the jar with the lid on? I'm afraid of long term storage with the lid on...

I love the look of the jars and could see myself eventually showing off the jars on top of my cabinet humi, but that would be a few years down the road once the cigars are smoked.

Any words of advice would be appreciated! I love the looks of jars, but I'm really afraid I will regret getting into them.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Love the jars. I have a few and they have all been great. I find them to be of higher quality then most CC releases. My house is temperature controlled so I have humidipaks in them and store them on top of a humi.

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
i have given all my jars away. can't smoke 'em,and after a while,they become clutter.
really enjoyed the cigars though...lol

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Love my Parti P1...cigars are amazing in my book and the jar is just plain kick ass. Not to mention the box it comes in. Not too much into storing right now...enjoy smoking too much:)
I know Aaron's the balla and probably has a sexy bitch in his house just to fetch cigars from his jars... but how do you store your jar Ciggy? Do you just keep it in your humi with lid on or off, or on top of your humi with the lid shut and a humi pack in it?

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I love jars ,my favorite storage. I have them in tuppadors and don't open then often, tops once per year and have them ziplocked! The lid is always on!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
So do they have their own Rh that works good enough to keep them sealed, or do you put a humi pack in and keep them sealed?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
God I sound like I'm a fresh newbie that just smoked my first Thompson Cigar special!?! LOL

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So do they have their own Rh that works good enough to keep them sealed, or do you put a humi pack in and keep them sealed?
No humi packs. I store them this way since all my friends do the same and their cigars are in excellent condition.
Since it has worked for them for so many years I trust it will work for me as well.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
I know Aaron's the balla and probably has a sexy bitch in his house just to fetch cigars from his jars... but how do you store your jar Ciggy? Do you just keep it in your humi with lid on or off, or on top of your humi with the lid shut and a humi pack in it?
:grin:Nick...lol

Same as Aaron...heard him say that a long time ago and place a humi pack inside and sealed it up. Never had an issue with burn or quality. There is a small puck in the lid but I just kept it in the plastic it was in.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
I know a guy whose wife used his CC jar as a nut jar!! He seems to be OK with it! :nodlaugh:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I'm looking for some advice from people that actually own some CC jars. I haven't had the chance of buying jars simply because I haven't really had the storage room. Now that I am ordering a cabinet humidor, I am really tempted to start buying a few jars like the Partagas, maybe the LGC, and fat chance the Chinese Bolivar. But I'm sitting here trying to pull the trigger on the Partagas P1 and I want to know, is it really worth the extra coin?

For those of you that own jars, are you happy with your purchase? Or once the novelty has worn off, does the jar simply get in the way? Do you actually store the cigars in the jar with the lid on? I'm afraid of long term storage with the lid on...

I love the look of the jars and could see myself eventually showing off the jars on top of my cabinet humi, but that would be a few years down the road once the cigars are smoked.

Any words of advice would be appreciated! I love the looks of jars, but I'm really afraid I will regret getting into them.
If the lids seal off the jars well enough, there's no need to put them in the humidor at all, imho. Just stick a humidipak in and you're all set.

Not having a humidor, I keep my cigars in glass jars with humidipaks. Works fine.