What's new

CC Size/Price Difference

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I did a search for this and didn't find anything. Forgive me if it's been discussed before, I may not have used the right keywords.

I've been noticing when browsing CC vendor websites that a lot of brands have different sizes that appear at a glance to be exactly the same, save for price. One example is RyJ. You can get RyJ in either petite corona, or mille fleur. These 2 sticks are virtually identical, the mille fleur may be a hair longer, but it sells for $46 less than the PC for a box of 25. That is just an example from one vendor's website, but it's similar price differences with a few that I've looked at.

I did a little bit of research, and it looks like the MFs were machine made up until around 2002, but today both PC and MF are handmade with long filler tobacco. So what gives? Does one use lesser tobacco than the other? Is it a factory prestige or roller experience thing? I'm curious to know the true reason for this.

FIY, I actually have a 5 pack of RyJ PCs and a 10 box of MFs, so one day I will smoke both and decide which I prefer.

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I find the pc is accessible sooner, but I give most of my stock years before smoking.
"You can get RyJ in either petite corona, or mille fleur", and the tubo 2 is the same size.
same with Upmann PC and Corona Major, but I love both.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Did some googling and found this same discussion regarding RyJ on another forum from 2010. Here are some quotes from a guy that sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

"Yes, they're completely different blends. The Mille Fleur is a "budget" cigar while the Petite Corona is a regular type. Unfortunately, being the same size and with the same band, you wouldn't know."

"The Mille Fleur is marked by pronounced floral tastes while the Petite Corona is more cedar, tobacco and "zest," pretty much just as you described."

Sounds like the answer lies in the tobacco used?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I always assumed the more expensive a smoke, it ment it had better tobacco. Ofcourse there are other factors, simple demand being the most obvious probably.

CopusolerX

Probably spent over .25m on cigars in my life
Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to never purchase the small stuff always doble Corona, gigantes, Salomones, etc.

CopusolerX

Probably spent over .25m on cigars in my life
Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty much the opposite. I’m drawn towards smaller ring cigars, and I often enjoy a quicker smoke. I know larger cigars are the trend these days, but I guess I missed that bandwagon. To each his own I suppose.
sure, I don't smoke everyday, I don't really need that quick fix. plus price for coronas probably 120 compared to same brand doble 500. Comes down to large wrapper leaf. Allot people I find getting into Cubans usually smoking what's affordable, it's already a racket, nearly 600,000,000 cigars plus being rolled a year out of cuba. Insane, Fuente probably pumping out 17,000,000 . Enjoy the hunt.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
big rj coronitas en cedro fan since ever since.
dig the flavor profile > considerations

same with plp's
the nose on em > med filler material

bunches of fat CC's aren't a thing in my bag

Its progressive to figure whats most to desire with preferences in mind