What's new

CC's in Italy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brothers - been on and off the BOTL boards for a few years now. Was hesitant to post for the most part (mostly because I didn't want to break any rules or didn't have much to add). Caught the bug pretty badly and was knee deep in NC's before i knew it. Been wanting to dip my toe into CC's. Did searches online for vendors in Europe but never really felt comfortable. Been to the Caribbean and Mexico a few times and as mentioned on the boards they cost mucho dinero (bought a few fivers anyway). Now I'm lucky enough to go to Italy for a little over a week. Planning on going to Rome, Florence, Venice and potentially lake como, cinque terre. I saw Italy is home to a few LCDH (Rome and Milan)... Does anyone have any tips for either traveling in Italy or CC's? Looks like I can bring back 100 sticks as well. Thanks in advance for any advice as well as the entertainment to make the day go quicker. (hope this post isn't breaking any rules!)

Chris

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
some of the Regional Italian sticks would be a good bet.
La Escepcion is a rare brand and very sought after.........

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
My experience is limited, but heres what i have tried and liked so far. HDM epicure no.2 and especial, mointicristo no2, h upman no 2, partagas serie d no 4, ramon allones specially selected.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Brothers - been on and off the BOTL boards for a few years now. Was hesitant to post for the most part (mostly because I didn't want to break any rules or didn't have much to add). Caught the bug pretty badly and was knee deep in NC's before i knew it. Been wanting to dip my toe into CC's. Did searches online for vendors in Europe but never really felt comfortable. Been to the Caribbean and Mexico a few times and as mentioned on the boards they cost mucho dinero (bought a few fivers anyway). Now I'm lucky enough to go to Italy for a little over a week. Planning on going to Rome, Florence, Venice and potentially lake como, cinque terre. I saw Italy is home to a few LCDH (Rome and Milan)... Does anyone have any tips for either traveling in Italy or CC's? Looks like I can bring back 100 sticks as well. Thanks in advance for any advice as well as the entertainment to make the day go quicker. (hope this post isn't breaking any rules!)

Chris
Fincato in Rome is a fine place to purchase cigars. Emiliano is a pure delight to do business with and will treat you as well as you treat him. There are many shops in Milan around the Duomo that sell fine Havanas. You may enjoy a similar experience to Fincato at the La Casa, depends how busy and how much stock you are purchasing. The Bulgari is a good place to enjoy a Conni 1 on chilly Milan evenings.

Bring a travel case or buy some tubos, several ziplock bags, tupperdor and bovedas.

Safe travels, hope you have a great time :)

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
You are going to love European cigar shops. Of course at LCDH is exclusively Habanos but other shops in Europe are well stocked as well. From my experience in Europe most cigar shops are 80% Habanos. To find NonCuban cigars are harder to find than Habanos. They should be competitively priced, you try some great cigars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Italian prices are set so you shouldn't see a difference from legit shop to shop. As said above, the Rome LCDH shop is great. But, they could also be picked over more than other shops. Definitely look for the Italian Regional Editions. Other limited cigars are priced well in Italy like EL's, LCDH, etc. Regular production is all over the board... some are expensive, some are pretty good.

If you are still on the fence about where you're going... I loved Cinque Terre! Definitely do the hike between villages... bring a bottle of wine and cigar for some amazing stops in between.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Italian prices are set so you shouldn't see a difference from legit shop to shop. As said above, the Rome LCDH shop is great. But, they could also be picked over more than other shops. Definitely look for the Italian Regional Editions. Other limited cigars are priced well in Italy like EL's, LCDH, etc. Regular production is all over the board... some are expensive, some are pretty good.

If you are still on the fence about where you're going... I loved Cinque Terre! Definitely do the hike between villages... bring a bottle of wine and cigar for some amazing stops in between.
We've heard a lot about Lake Como. We are thinking 4 days in Rome, 4 days in Florence/Tuscanny, 2 days in Lake Como, 1 day in Milan. Am definitely excited about this trip - first time in Europe. Been researching the web on laws bringing back into US. Looks like 100 sticks per person. Might sneak some in the wifeys bag too. Definitely need to start accumulating some brownie points starting now though.

Thanks for all the suggestions gentlemen!