What's new

Ceramic Blade Cutters?

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I was checking out littlehavanacigars.com and was curious if anyone had tried the Ceramic Blade cutter they sell and how it compares to Palio or Xikars?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Yes, actually about 4 or 5 of us tried it out. I sent it on a little trip to other bro's to try out as it just didn't do it for me. Here's the link.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Check out CWeekly for a pretty large thread on these. Unfortunately things haven't changed much. The reviews are extremely mixed with a bunch of people having the same problems I did with mine (now Todd's). However, some (Todd and Headbanger for instance) don't have problems with theirs. I think if you can get one cheap it's a great deal for carrying when you are flying. Otherwise, pass.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I bought one from them with the discount. My opinion: POS!
I dropped mine as soon as I took it out of the sleeve and two screws came undone. Then I tried to screw them back in, but apparently they are not to be screwed in all the way, or else the blade mechanism won't open. So after I figured that out, I have two screws that are halfway in and no doubt will pop out if I drop it again. YMMV, but I'd stay away from this one.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
owljones said:
I bought one from them with the discount. My opinion: POS!
I dropped mine as soon as I took it out of the sleeve and two screws came undone. Then I tried to screw them back in, but apparently they are not to be screwed in all the way, or else the blade mechanism won't open. So after I figured that out, I have two screws that are halfway in and no doubt will pop out if I drop it again. YMMV, but I'd stay away from this one.
Thanks I'll have to go look that up

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
It was easier to quote each seperately than to cut & paste.

Oh and David, I've seen you do it before.

oh lastly, bite me!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I don't even use it for traveling anymore...took the Palio with me to London and the TSA dude was like "Nice cutter" as he confiscated the two lighters I tried to take with me. :innocent:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
hahah that is funny

who cares what goes to the states, they just don't want it leaving!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i got one in the buy on cw.. It IS a POS. Dont waste your money, just get a palio.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mikes said:
i got one in the buy on cw.. It IS a POS. Dont waste your money, just get a palio.
Me too, more or less. I wouldn't quite call it a POS. It does cut like a hot knife through butter, but for me, it always tears the wrapper at the end. There are some guys on the CW list who seem to have developed a technique to avoid that, but I haven't been able to.

I like my Palio best, more than Xikar. JMO, YMMV.