What's new

CH Las Calaveras 2019

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's that time of the year. Has anyone heard anything on this year's release? I look forward to this release every year.

Thanks.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
'14s & '15s released in May, last 3 years released in June. I would expect an official announcement within the next 2 months.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Still sitting on some 17’s. Might have to try one again to see if I like them now. They were ok. The 18’s are great and are getting better IMHO. What kinda wrapper does that look like?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Still sitting on some 17’s. Might have to try one again to see if I like them now. They were ok. The 18’s are great and are getting better IMHO. What kinda wrapper does that look like?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hard to make out from a still photo like that....I just know from their stable they use a variety of wrappers...add to that he collaborates with some of the best out there....
William and Henderson Ventura at Tabacalera ...DE...Christian Eiroa just to name drop. For such a young man to take on a destiny of this magnitude in an industry that is littered with Famous Name Brands this guy has a Cigar Midas Touch when it comes to blending and knowing what others will like. We are just the beneficiaries of his expertise esp. when you consider this guy was not raised in the business...amazing if he had been?

Brazilian Mata Fina,
Connecticut Arapiraca Maduro
Connecticut Shade
Ecuadorian Habano
Dominican Negrito

It certainly appears to be dark enough in the Maduro end of things but Caldwell isn't afraid to experiment with different lines of tobacco added and I for one love how they blend tobaccos that are complex but need some good resting time for them to balance...at least 6 months from my experience since I've been smoking them since 2015. I have cigars from each year and yes...even though some are in the 4 year range of resting....they are delicious and like having your dessert. Resting for that long WILL bump them down into the medium range of taste but OMG....the balance and complexity just makes them a treat.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hard to make out from a still photo like that....I just know from their stable they use a variety of wrappers...add to that he collaborates with some of the best out there....
William and Henderson Ventura at Tabacalera ...DE...Christian Eiroa just to name drop. For such a young man to take on a destiny of this magnitude in an industry that is littered with Famous Name Brands this guy has a Cigar Midas Touch when it comes to blending and knowing what others will like. We are just the beneficiaries of his expertise esp. when you consider this guy was not raised in the business...amazing if he had been?

Brazilian Mata Fina,
Connecticut Arapiraca Maduro
Connecticut Shade
Ecuadorian Habano
Dominican Negrito

It certainly appears to be dark enough in the Maduro end of things but Caldwell isn't afraid to experiment with different lines of tobacco added and I for one love how they blend tobaccos that are complex but need some good resting time for them to balance...at least 6 months from my experience since I've been smoking them since 2015. I have cigars from each year and yes...even though some are in the 4 year range of resting....they are delicious and like having your dessert. Resting for that long WILL bump them down into the medium range of taste but OMG....the balance and complexity just makes them a treat.
While I was reading this I couldn't help but imagine what @ChuckMejia would say.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've continued trying each years hoping they would be just a fraction as good as the originals, but continually dissapoint me. This will be the year I don't even bother with them any more.
I agree that it he original release was the best but, in my opinion, the 2017 was on it's level. The 2015 is damn near as good and I really wish they would re release that blend like they did with the original. The only one that has slightly disappointed me was the 2016 but it's improved greatly with age.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've continued trying each years hoping they would be just a fraction as good as the originals, but continually dissapoint me. This will be the year I don't even bother with them any more.
Sometimes our tastes get altered with age...meds...different foods that can have spices...etc. I remember CAO Brazilia a long time ago and tried a couple of those and thought...wth do people see in this cigar? Revisited it a couple of years later and to my surprise it was a really good cigar so just because we have a bad experience with a brand sometimes waiting for a year or more will balance the tobacco esp. when it's a med/full complex cigar as they do change in my experience.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
That wrapper sounds and looks great. I think each year has been very different. Never had the 14, but love the the LI. Didn’t care for the 17, but have one more to try that has a year or more on it. I pass judgment then. Really like last years and time perfectly with a blossoming love of SA wrappers. Probably get a 19 sampler first.

Sent from The Department of Arrested Development using an elevated sense of self worth.