What's new

CH Las Calaveras 2019

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone sampled any of the 2019 release yet? I am interested in hearing feedback on such a fresh stick.

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Smoked one of my sampler to gauge if i made a mistake or not after buying a box of 46 after just smelling them!! Probably my favorite NC without even having had a chance to acclimate.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Pretty good. The first third was real good but the rest kind of flattened out. It was a 50. Gonna give the 46 after a couple weeks to see if it was just me. YMMV.

Sent from The Department of Arrested Development using an elevated sense of self worth.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any leads on the best deal for one of the samplers that has one of each? I would like to try one of each before committing to a box.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty good. The first third was real good but the rest kind of flattened out. It was a 50. Gonna give the 46 after a couple weeks to see if it was just me. YMMV.

Sent from The Department of Arrested Development using an elevated sense of self worth.
I’m smoking one of these right now and I have to say that my experience has been pretty much the polar opposite of yours. To me, the first third seemed somewhat flat. Mostly a smoky/meaty flavor. The last 2/3 have introduced a subtle sweetness coupled with some pepper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I’m smoking one of these right now and I have to say that my experience has been pretty much the polar opposite of yours. To me, the first third seemed somewhat flat. Mostly a smoky/meaty flavor. The last 2/3 have introduced a subtle sweetness coupled with some pepper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am going to try the LC46 when I get back in town.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If I’m not mistaken, I read that the La Imperiosa is the 2014 Las Calaveras blend.

Unless, they used similar tobaccos to do a recreation of them.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
According to Halfwheel.....it's not the same blend as a lot of others have that same notion. I actually think the La Imperiosa is better but that's just me.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
According to Halfwheel.....it's not the same blend as a lot of others have that same notion. I actually think the La Imperiosa is better but that's just me.
I wasn't around here or ever smoked any of the 2014 LC's but the La Imperiosa's are phenomenal smokes. My local shop can't keep up with the demand for them as they're usually always out of stock when I stop in there. I have to save up for a box of them.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wasn't around here or ever smoked any of the 2014 LC's but the La Imperiosa's are phenomenal smokes. My local shop can't keep up with the demand for them as they're usually always out of stock when I stop in there. I have to save up for a box of them.
Just ordered a box of them yesterday from Neptune...box of 24 for $198...and yes, they are amazing. I still have a box that are 3 years old...smoked it Sat. night and it was really really good.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an great smoke. I picked up a sampler to age and one to smoke. No surprise but the LC50 was my favorite. great, consistent draw to the nub. Its Nica binder and filler and with the mild pepper i got i feel it may be from the Jalapa region for the veso and/or ligero.... im still very new to identification. i may not age the other long lol