What's new

Change of address = Change in humidity (storage)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I used to live up north where I figured out, with the humidors that I own, how to maintain the humidity right where I want it (63-65%). However, I just moved down to Florida and things are obviously a little different. I was expecting that I would be in a constant battle this summer with the humidity. However, that hasn't been the case which has me confused.

I own a pretty large cabinet style humidor and have an Oasis II currently in it. However, yesterday I finally took it out of my humi because it doesn't seem like I really need it. Right now, with absolutely no humidification device, my humi is at 62-64%. I like to store my cigars around 64-65%, therefore, I'm not very far off from my goal. I'm thinking all I need to do is through some beads in my humidor and I should be good.

So here is my question - PARTICULARLY FOR GUYS WHO LIVE IN FLORIDA OR SIMILAR CLIMATES - is what I described above common for this area? What can I expect when things cool down in the fall and in the winter?

The biggest challenge that I see with living here so far is not the humidity, but the temperature!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That is how it is for me, so I will say yes.

I live in central fl and I am in the same boat as you are. I keep beads in my humis just to stablize them out. The one thing I have noticed is during really hot days when I am running the ac a lot, the humidity does drop a little due to us having a newer ac which is working to take some of the humidity out of the air. But that is it.

In the winters months it stays about the same, lower humidity but nothing crazy, except after a cold front has moved through. That is when the air is cold and dry, but that is when the beads come in handly.

Hope this helps a bit. Jason probably can help out as well since he is in FL too.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, several days later and my humi is resting consistently at 61%. I'm going to add beads today (about a lb of 65%) and see if this will bring the % up a bit more. If not, I'll get another lb and that should do the trick.

Since I'm not using my new Oasis II that I bought - it is now up for sale in the trade forum section (for those who are interested).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i live i louisiana and i run beads only in my cooler and it holds dead on at 67% (65% beads). As long as the central a/c runs then the temps are fine, but if i turn the a/c up then the cooler gets a little warm.