What's new

Changing the timing belt on Hondas....PITA

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Good god I wish the stupid manual I bought would have said to get this harmonic balancer holding tool.

http://www.autopart.com/TOOLS/TOOLSMAIN/pictures/300dpi/A812.jpg

I wasted many hours trying other tools and running around picking up new stuff. Anyhow you need to stick a breaker bar in this thing and then use another breaker bar (I use a 3/4" ratchet) to bust the crank bolt out. This allowed me to pull the balancer and pull the lower timing belt housing off. :hammersma

I found a DIY way too late. It's funny how my search for a DIY timing belt didn't turn anything up. However when I looked for "how to get honda crank bolt out" everything and anything I wanted came up. Stupid internet!

Changing the cam driven water pump on my 02 Duramax powered Silverado was easier than this!

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The timing belt on my Honda needs to be changed but since I know nothing about cars it will cost me. Gonna start getting quotes when I have the moolah to do it.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Recently had the timing belt changed on mine you're lucky if you decided to change it before your car shuts down which happened in my case
Posted via Mobile Device