When:
Thursday, August 23; Friday, August 24; and Saturday, August 25, 2012

Where:
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Burns Tobacconist, East: 110 Jordan Drive, 423-855-5200
Burns Tobacconist, Downtown: 725 Cherry Street, 423-267-7740
www.burnstobacconist.com

What:
A gathering of the online Cigar Community sponsored by Tiki Bar Online and Stogie Review. Someone asked if "non-Twitter" people could attend the Tweet-Up and the answer is a big "Yes!" While most of us met and are very active on Twitter, plenty of us are also active on Facebook and/or Google+. The main thing here is "the herf" not whether or not you have a Twitter name.

Who:
Scheduled special guests* for #CHAtweetup2012 include:
Pete Johnson (@tatuajecigars), Tatuaje
Eddie Ortega (@eddieor), Ortega Cigars
Jon Huber (@3barhuber) and Mike Conder (@mikeconder), Crowned Heads
Matt Booth (@Room101Cigars), Room 101 Cigars
Gary Griffith (@EmilioCigar) and La Musa, Emilio Cigars
Clay Roberts (@AJFcigars), AJ Fernandez Cigars
Clint Aaron (@262cigars), 262 Cigars
Sean Williams (@primermundo), El Primer Mundo Cigars
Nada and Jeff Jumper (@NadiCigars), Nadi Cigars
Steven Ysidron (@Live4), Epicurean Cigars
Frank Herrera (@cigarlaw), Herrera Cigars / La Caridad del Cobre
Michael Herklots (@MichaelHerklots), Nat Sherman
Skip Martin (@RoMaCraft), RoMa Craft
George Rodrigo (@RODRIGOcigars), Rodrigo Cigars
Barry Stein (@MCCBarry) & Matt Shugart (@MCcCigar_Dorsey), Miami Cigar & Co.
Steve Saka, Dave Lafferty (@Drew_Estate_Dav), & Willy Herrera (@bigwill0084), Drew Estate
Fred Rewey (@Godfadr), Nomad Cigar Company
Kurt Kendall (@KurtKendall7204) & Rick Ardito (@RichardLArdito), 7-20-4 Cigars
Marcus and Jessica Padron, Padron Cigars
Dan Tiant, Tiante Cigars
Christian Eiroa, CLE Cigars
Ruth Batista, Juanny Dominguez, Aida Munoz, Capadura Cigars
*scheduled guests are subject to change

Cost:
You can show up at Burns Tobacconist and hang out at this event for no charge...but we will be offering some great deals on event packages that include t-shirts, a Friday night baseball game, a liquor tasting, a raffle, and (of course) cigars!

THE TWEETUP PACKAGE - Limit of 300 tickets
A multipack of cigars (quantity to be determined) in a Humidipak bag
T-shirt (we’ll ask your size when you order tickets, available up to 4XL)
Liquor Tasting featuring some fine Tennessee Spirits
1 Raffle Ticket (additional raffle tickets available with purchases of at least 10 cigars)
Discount Card (good at either Burns location all weekend for 5% off all single cigars, up to 19; 20% off all box purchases or purchases of 20 cigars)
Saturday Dinner at CBC/Burns Downtown Location (food only; drinks not included)
For the FIRST 100 people, this package will be $40
Remaining Pre-Sale Tickets: $45
Day of the Event (if available): $50

BASEBALL GAME
$20/ticket (limit of 150 tickets) will get you:
Admission plus unlimited hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, ice cream and sodas from the buffet. $1 Draft Beer through the 7th inning. A smoking section adjacent to the seating area...and we’re being told that you can either see the field or that there are TVs set up to watch the game from that area.

Tickets for the "Main Event" and the Baseball Game will be separate items, available at www.BurnsTobacconist.com...click HERE to go right to the store

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Who's going? With the list of who's coming, it's almost impossible not to be there if you're
close enough!

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
It's a three hour drive for me, but it's totally worth it. I used to stop it at Burns all the time going back and forth to school. However, my wife is very pregnant, due in mid September, might not be in the cards. I could only do Thurs/Fri. I'm going to try.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm driving 10 hours to be there :D Gonna be a blast for sure!

Fox- if you go look for the really big guy (both tall and wide) I wear a size 17.5 shoe..cant miss me :D

also, any good breakfast places nearby? We are staying right next to the east location, dinner and lunch also welcome, maybe BBQ

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Alright! Time to show what this town has to offer lol.

Breakfast:
There are a few places that serve amazing breakfast. The #1 choice is Aretha Frankenstiens by far. It is a smaller place and they can get very busy but, it's worth the wait. It isn't really "near-by" though. Maybe 15 minute drive if you have a GPS.
http://www.arethas.com/?pg=1_p

Lunch:
You will be staying next to this little place called Armando's. It might look like a hole in the wall but, they have the best burger in town (in my opinion).
http://www.allmenus.com/tn/chattanooga/247422-lee-hwy-armandos/menu/

There is a bunch of other restaurants in the area as well and you can't really go wrong with most. I would recommend Abuelo's if you like Mexican food. They make a mean margarita.
http://www.abuelos.com/locations-1/chattanooga-tn

If you're in the mood for southern food you will need to hit up Champy's Fried Chicken
http://champyschicken.com/

Dinner:
My favorite place in town is The Terminal. They brew their own beer in house and serve excellent food. Including a Bison burger.
http://terminalbrewhouse.com/

As for BBQ places you could try Sugar's Ribs.
http://www.sugarsribs.com/

or Sticky Fingers
https://www.stickyfingers.com/WebpageFaderSecure.aspx?WebpageId=91&CategoryId=47

If I think of anymore I will post them up and if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other half, Christian Hutson of Torcido Cigars will be there as well - we are on later prints of the sponsor list
Great group of sponsors and put on by an awesoem group of guys!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Going to be a great event. Even though Steve Saka and Willy Herrera are going to be there, I wish that I could be there as well. Next year I am hoping that the schedule is coordinated not to fal on same date as RMCF. Willy is Rolling at Chatanooga, so that should be very cool.

Have a great time, brothers.
JD

IMG_0916.jpg

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Going to be a great event. Even though Steve Saka and Willy Herrera are going to be there, I wish that I could be there as well. Next year I am hoping that the schedule is coordinated not to fal on same date as RMCF. Willy is Rolling at Chatanooga, so that should be very cool.

Have a great time, brothers.
JD

View attachment 24888
Next year for sure JD, I've got some LP's ready for the drive down, excited cause it's my best friends first liga and we don't get to hang very often

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm sitting at Burns right now and they are super excited about the event! Expecting anywhere between 300-700 people throughout the weekend.

LOD

Just a guy smoking cigars
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
10 of us from the DC area from our B&B Cigar Club will be in attendance!!! Thanks for the food list we will surely visit a few of those spots!!!!

MiamiCigarCompany

MCC Barry
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For sale at these events will be a tweeup cigar.. press release and photo:

#CHATweetUp2012​
Twitter, Everywhere – What started last year with the inaugural Tweetup event at Burns Tobacconist (@burnstobacco99) and was put together by the hard work of David Jones (@dmjones1009) tikibaronline.com has grown into the massive event that is expected to converge on Chattanooga on August 24th and August 25th. To commemorate the united voice of cigar smokers on Twitter Emilio Cigars and Miami Cigar & Co. have joined forces to release a limited edition set.

The cedar box of 2 cigars will contain a cigars made just for this historic event. The Añoranza in a box-pressed Churchill, and the debut of La Musa Melete from Emilio cigars in the same format. These sizes will be limited to 300 boxes of 2.

Gary Griffith (@emiliocigar) states, “We are delighted to be releasing this joint project with Miami Cigar and Co., dear industry friends, on behalf of Burns Tobacconist, one of the finest retailers in the country. We chose this opportunity to release this special size of the new La Musa Melete blend, and as the first appearance of the blend on the market.”

In their second year supporting the Tweet-Up, Jason Wood (@miamicigar) VP of Miami Cigar adds, “Cigar smokers on twitter have become a driving voice in the industry. These aficionados are passionate about our craft, and we wanted to share with them something special.”

If you can’t make it to Chattanooga, you can follow the festivities via the twitter hash-tag #CHATweetup2012