What's new

Cheaper Cigars Debacle

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over Memorial Day weekend I ordered a box of cigars from Cheaper Cigars. That meant that they had the order in hand on Tuesday May 31st, and my checking account was debited on that same day. On Thursday June 2 I called to find out when they order would be shipped as the website says they ship in 1-3 days. I was told their shipping department was backed up and to be patient. On Friday, the third day, I called to verify that the order would be shipped that day. The customer service rep was vague. I called back on Monday June 6 and was told the order still hadn’t been shipped. I was angry but asked the rep (I was dealing with Andrea on all calls except the final call) to personally walk down to shipping and get the truth about when the order would be shipped.

She did so and reported back that the order would be shipped that day. I called back on Tuesday June 7 and the order still hadn’t been shipped. I was angrier and asked her to call on shipping personally, again. On Wednesday June 8 I called again and was told that the order had been shipped that morning. I asked for verification of shipping, the invoice customarily sent when an order is shipped. I didn’t get it and when I called on Thursday I got a different rep who told me that the cigars had never been in stock and that a credit had been issued; it was. In my mind this was the only timely, correct thing that this organization did.

Not only does their website not have inventory control, which I find not uncommon in dealing with various other sites, this organization lead me on false trail all along as they never had had the cigars in the first place! No one bothered to check that they had the cigars during a week of persistent calls!

But a week of phone calls never elicited the correct, first response, to check if they indeed had the cigars in stock. Shipping lied. And no one was overseeing the process.

Of course I will never order from them again, and I got a discount from another site equalling Cheaper Cigars sale price.

What a pathetic organization, if it can be called that; perhaps disorganization is the better word.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=21093

From Better Business Bureau:

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Puro-Nundi-Inc-13218883

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED
Puro Nundi, Inc
(877) 332-4427
68703 Perez Road, Suite A17, Cathedral City, CA 92234
http://www.cheapercigars.com
F On a scale of A+ to F

Reason for Rating
Description
This company's business is selling tabacco products.
BBB Accreditation

This business is not BBB Accredited.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered this business's rating include:

35 complaint(s) filed against business
Failure to respond to 7 complaint(s) filed against business
5 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved

Factors that raised this business's rating include:

Length of time business has been operating
BBB has sufficient background information on this business

Customer Complaints Summary
35 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 31 closed in last 12 months Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising / Sales Issues 8
Billing / Collection Issues 3
Problems with Product / Service 9
Delivery Issues 15
Guarantee / Warranty Issues 0
Total Closed Complaints 35

Additional Complaint Information

Our complaint history for this company shows that the company responded to and gave proper consideration to most complaints. However, one or more complaints are unresolved meaning the company failed to properly address the complaint allegations or their response was inadequate.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I got the same runaround when ordering a Padron sampler. After a week and a half they admitted they didn't have the cigars and would not honor the sale price on a future shipment.:cursing:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I wanted to share my experience with cheapercigars.com and hopefully save you all the trouble that I have gone through. I ordered cigars on June 21st from cheapercigars.com. As of July 6th I had not received a status on my order so I sent an email. July 9th I still had not heard from the company, so I sent another email asking for a status. This is 3 weeks after I placed the order, so requesting a status should not be out of line. After my 2nd attempt at information, the company sent a very rude email response, so I asked for refund. I have now sent a total of 70 emails to cheapercigars.com and cheaperwines.com and they still have not refunded my money. They simply reply about once a week and tell me I will have a refund within 3-4 days.

2 full months later, no cigars, no money.

I wish anyone luck that works with them. There are many complaints with the company on BBB and many other forums online.

I hope this saves someone else a headache!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This business has a very bad reputation from others that I've read. The Vendors I use I've had experience with for years and when I started with them I have my own standards of a successful buy:

1. Make the purchase and get corroboration within 24 hours
2. Get feedback from the Vendor within 24 hours
3. If I don't hear back from the Vendor via email, receipt, etc. I cancel the order.
4. If the site doesn't say the cigars are on backorder then I have enough info ...if they take my cc info and charge my card
and then tell me the cigars are out of stock then I cancel my order...they are never allowed to lie to me and take my money
and then explain it was an oversite...they either run their business professionally and know their stock or I won't order
from them again.
5. I will never wait more than 4 business days for any order to him my doorstep once it has been processed...I've been lied
to by some Vendors that the "check was in the mail".....I have a great credit card company that will let me cancel any
order if the Vendor did not show good faith in the purchase...dispute the charge and give our business to another who
earns it.

Having said this I can understand that sometimes information gets messed up and will give a business the benefit of the doubt
providing they take care of their customers. Case in point......I order from CigarKing in Scottsdale for a couple of boxes of
Casa Magnas and within 15 minutes of that order the manager calls and tells me that they did not have that size in but would
upgrade me to the next bigger size for free....and free S/H. Now this....this is how a Vendor earns your business by providing
a service to the consumer and takes care of that customer. I will give my business to any Vendor that provides this kind of
service and are proactive.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=21093

From Better Business Bureau:

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Puro-Nundi-Inc-13218883

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED
Puro Nundi, Inc
(877) 332-4427
68703 Perez Road, Suite A17, Cathedral City, CA 92234
http://www.cheapercigars.com
F On a scale of A+ to F

Reason for Rating
Description
This company's business is selling tabacco products.
BBB Accreditation

This business is not BBB Accredited.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

35 complaint(s) filed against business
Failure to respond to 7 complaint(s) filed against business

Factors that raised this business's rating include:

Length of time business has been operating
BBB has sufficient background information on this business

Customer Complaints Summary
35 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 31 closed in last 12 months Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising / Sales Issues 8
Billing / Collection Issues 3
Problems with Product / Service 9
Delivery Issues 15
Total Closed Complaints 35

Additional Complaint Information

Our complaint history for this company shows that the company responded to and gave proper consideration to most complaints. However, one or more complaints are unresolved meaning the company failed to properly address the complaint allegations or their response was inadequate.
Just because I found this fascinating, here is an update:

Reason for Rating

58 complaint(s) filed against business
Failure to respond to 30 complaint(s) filed against business
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
58 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 19 closed in last 12 months
Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising / Sales Issues 11
Billing / Collection Issues 4
Problems with Product / Service 19
Delivery Issues 24
Total Closed Complaints 58

Moral of the story, anyone?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Wow that sounds like a nightmare! I have no B&M close to me, the closest is over 2 hours away so i do 90% of my cigar purchasing online and the other ten during my bi-yearly vacations to Florida. I use Cigar International and have had nothing but great service. In three weeks i'm going to FL and will be meeting up with Lilo from Cremo cigars to get a box and try their new and as of yet unreleased maduro line! Can't wait!

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
This business has a very bad reputation from others that I've read. The Vendors I use I've had experience with for years and when I started with them I have my own standards of a successful buy:

1. Make the purchase and get corroboration within 24 hours
2. Get feedback from the Vendor within 24 hours
3. If I don't hear back from the Vendor via email, receipt, etc. I cancel the order.
4. If the site doesn't say the cigars are on backorder then I have enough info ...if they take my cc info and charge my card
and then tell me the cigars are out of stock then I cancel my order...they are never allowed to lie to me and take my money
and then explain it was an oversite...they either run their business professionally and know their stock or I won't order
from them again.
5. I will never wait more than 4 business days for any order to him my doorstep once it has been processed...I've been lied
to by some Vendors that the "check was in the mail".....I have a great credit card company that will let me cancel any
order if the Vendor did not show good faith in the purchase...dispute the charge and give our business to another who
earns it.

Having said this I can understand that sometimes information gets messed up and will give a business the benefit of the doubt
providing they take care of their customers. Case in point......I order from CigarKing in Scottsdale for a couple of boxes of
Casa Magnas and within 15 minutes of that order the manager calls and tells me that they did not have that size in but would
upgrade me to the next bigger size for free....and free S/H. Now this....this is how a Vendor earns your business by providing
a service to the consumer and takes care of that customer. I will give my business to any Vendor that provides this kind of
service and are proactive.
Now this is good advice!

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I used to order from several online places, but now I only buy from a BOTL site sponsor. Never had anything other than exceptional customer service.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I FINALLY RECEIVED MY REFUND! Only took 77 emails. I also let them know that I would be posting to 1 message board a day to inform the public of their horrendous service until I got my money back. This may have pushed them.

I am sticking to the 2 retailers I usually order from and have had nothing but a GREAT experience with from every aspect.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I FINALLY RECEIVED MY REFUND! Only took 77 emails. I also let them know that I would be posting to 1 message board a day to inform the public of their horrendous service until I got my money back. This may have pushed them.

I am sticking to the 2 retailers I usually order from and have had nothing but a GREAT experience with from every aspect.
Glad you got your refund! And welcome to the forum. I hope we treat you better than they did.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy to be in business if you sell a product and don't deliver a product! You just need a couple of suckers like me! Except I was tenacious with them. Reported them to BBB and let them know I was going to be informing everyone on forums about their service. I think this is the only reason I got my money back. I started "escalating" my effort last week.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am going to celebrate tonight with a VSG that I ordered from one of the better sites out there!