What's new

Cheapies ugh!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've never had anything bad to say about cheapies as long as they're not dog rockets.

Even when I had a humi full of cc's and tats, I've always been just fine with a cheapie I like. Mazurkas don't get much better than a perdomo lot 23. And a 5v gold will suit me anytime if it's had a little rest.

Just my opinion but I think there are tons of high priced sticks that don't stack up to $3 smokes. And I've always found it to be by manufacturer on that (ie ill smoke any perdomo)
I will say the gran habano vintages are pretty damn tasty after a years rest lol. And for 2 bucks a stick

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Happy to hear that about the gran habano vintage 2002. I have a bunch sitting and never smoked any

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent a lot of money on finding my fav sticks, and am still trying new ones on a regular basis, the price of the stick is usually not a reliable indicator of its taste and quality if you ask me.

Sent from my PC with a keyboard.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started out with brickhouse, sancho panza, etc...but eventually, stopped.

Not because it was beneath me, but because I am discovering all of the great smokes I still want to try. (Still never had Davidoff, Cohiba, FF, just to name a few)

Other day during a purchase, I grabbed 2 Sancho Panza's for old time sake, and to sort of budget myself.

It's been about 4 months since I smoked anything like that, but I remembered that Sancho's used to be my favorite out of the cheaper ones.

One word, yikes.

The 2nd third of the cigar was okay. The 1st third was nasty and the last third was really hot.

So last 2 nights in a row I have smoked the Sancho Panza and it is very safe to say that my Sancho days are over. It was good on the pockets while it lasted I guess.

If I'm going to smoke anything 5 dollars or less from now on I need to find something other than Sancho. The whole prospect of trial and error via cheap sticks now though doesn't sound like a very good time.

What has become of me...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll say this. My first order when I started was around $500-$600 to fill up my humidor. Ordered 3 boxes of premiums and 1 box of cheapies that were on sale. I loved every one of my premiums but those el cheapos were terrible. Some would be too tight to even smoke, others burned too fast.

Well fast forward and being back in school and add on medical bills and I'm on a tight budget. I have found the 5 Vegas family to be my best friend. Great smokes and very affordable.

I also racked up on some premiums that were on sell from CI during Black Friday. Original prices were $250+ and were on sale for less than $70.

I too agree that price doesn't mean quality but you def have to find the right brand. I wish I could afford to smoke premiums all the time, but right now I've found a happy medium.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
There are some 5 Vegas that I like, some I don't. Wasn't fond of the classic or relic. Liked the A and AAA and high primings. Still would like to try the cask strength and the miami. ("A" made by Nestor Plascencia,/"AAA" made my AJ Fernandez / "Miami" made by Don Pepin Garcia)

Punch is still a really good $4 to $5 smoke
LaGloria Serie R
Padron 2000
LaRiqueza is really nice for $5

Now Grizz really knows his budget sticks

halel

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I totally recommend cask strength, freaking good!! Especially for like $3.

I also love high primings and gold.
Yes, it was good
I must be tired. I meant: The high primings was good. Cask strength will be on my to try soon list. Any flavor profile you can compare it to get a gauge on it?
The high primings was better in my opinion(iirc). I bought the CI Backyard Boogie as my first cigar purchase and enjoyed all the 5Vegas. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with it!