What's new

Checking In: FNG from Ohio!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Hello All,

Just finished reading the BOTL Pre-Study Package, and have about a dozen tabs open for follow up reading! Wanted to come in and introduce myself; my name is Eric, though many friends have taken to calling me "Spenny". I'm an enthusiast of all things that the ATF wants to regulate, though I've only been smoking for 3 years. In the interest of becoming more versed in the world of cigars, I took to the net to find out as much as I could. I happened across this forum while doing some research regarding building-my-own/DIY humidors. This community seems to be a veritable treasure trove of cigar information, and a great place to meet new friends.

Hopefully some day I'll become a knowledgeable, contributing member of the forum! For now, I'm off to read up on all the information I can get my grubby mitts on.

Cheers!

Spenny

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Welcome from Texas. Be careful reading too much; your head might explode. There is a metric fuck ton of knowledge here with the same quantity of great Brothers. Also, just buy a cooler or a winedor now so you won't be complaining of lack of space later. Enjoy your stay!
Thanks for the lightning fast replies, guys! I can already tell this seems like a very active and helpful community and I really appreciate it.

On the topic of humidors, I've got it in my head that for a fun project, I'd build a 500 stick humidor out of one of my ammo cans I have sitting around. Probably a bit ambitious for me to be undertaking as such a noobie, but I thought it'd be enjoyable to try.

Cheers,

Spenny

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Welcome from Arkansas! This place tends to increase the amount of storage that you thought you would need so just be prepared for that.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Thanks for the lightning fast replies, guys! I can already tell this seems like a very active and helpful community and I really appreciate it.

On the topic of humidors, I've got it in my head that for a fun project, I'd build a 500 stick humidor out of one of my ammo cans I have sitting around. Probably a bit ambitious for me to be undertaking as such a noobie, but I thought it'd be enjoyable to try.

Cheers,

Spenny
Ambition and enthusiasm are some of the things that make this place great. I say go for it and post pictures along the way. I'm envisioning a future thread called "Spennys DIY Ammodor"

By the way, what part Ohio are you from? I used to live in NE Ohio.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome from N. Texas! Check out the "Storage" forum, plenty of informative threads there. Good luck on your project!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Welcome from the East side of Columbus <flashes gang sign here>
Gahanna?! Nice! New Albany here.
Ambition and enthusiasm are some of the things that make this place great. I say go for it and post pictures along the way. I'm envisioning a future thread called "Spennys DIY Ammodor"

By the way, what part Ohio are you from? I used to live in NE Ohio.
I'm from Central Ohio, went to school in Berea, and all my friends are from Akron/Alliance/Canfield/Canton/Youngstown/Boardman area, and I always head up the Canfield Fair every year, when I'm not up there shooting, etc.

Cheers,

Spenny