What's new

Cheesehead Country

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, hasn’t the last year or so been a little crazy??? Crazy that I’ve just now dived a little more into the BOTL group. I’ve been lurking for awhile over the years and hope to be able to contribute where I can!

I’ve been smoking/collecting (got bitten by the cigar bug) for about 9ish years now. I’ve always wanted to learn more and more about many different aspects of the industry. My interests have evolved from different brands, types of leaf, and have lately been going down the rabbit hole even further. Just like how a palate can change and become more refined, so has what I’m trying to learn more about and hopefully contribute. As of late, I’ve dove head first into home rolling and love seeing how even throughout the years, there’s always a new angle or perspective to look at with tobacco.

I see a lot of familiar faces here from the various groups and forums I’m a part of or have been a part of over the years! Looking forward to contributing even more with such a great bunch of BOTL/SOTL.

Much appreciation,

Frost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from just over the border in Minnesota @FrostD

What part of cheesehead country do you hail from?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from just over the border in Minnesota @FrostD

What part of cheesehead country do you hail from?
Hey!

Thanks Rupe! I’m in a suburb in the Madison area. I’ve gone up to MN a couple time to herf with some gents up there. Have met up with some at LCC in Delafield, WI and TR in Monona, WI. How about you Rupe?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from oil/cattle country! :D

What's your favorite stick at the moment?
What’s up Texican!

Favorite in no particular order:

Atabey-Brujos (short smoke but flavors out of this world! Would take an Atabey over a Cuban Behike myself )

Warped- Futuro- Excellent blend and both sizes are fantastic!

Illusione Domenico’s Extra Cruzado- That gold foil wrapped goodness. Best Cruzado I’ve had.

Tatuaje TAA 2012- Top 3 favorite of all time.

Diesel Uncut (Madurai version)- Cheap and always gets the job done.

Arturo Fuente Opus C Angels Share- Robusto or Fuente Fuente.

The list can go on and on, but those are the top that came to mind in the last few min.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey Boudie!

How goes it in your neck of the woods?

lots of rain but appreciating the cool weather before the hell of summer. Wife and I honeymooned in Vancouver and Victoria. Crossed on the ferry to Nanaimo and back to Port Angeles through Victoria. Anyone that has never been it's a bucket list trip

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lots of rain but appreciating the cool weather before the hell of summer. Wife and I honeymooned in Vancouver and Victoria. Crossed on the ferry to Nanaimo and back to Port Angeles through Victoria. Anyone that has never been it's a bucket list trip
That sounds like a nice trip for sure! May have to add that one to the list for the GF and I to hit up at some point. Kiddo has been wanting a road trip. We have been trying to plan out a Route 66 trip to the Grand Canyon in July... been an interesting planing experience thus far. Lol

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That sounds like a nice trip for sure! May have to add that one to the list for the GF and I to hit up at some point. Kiddo has been wanting a road trip. We have been trying to plan out a Route 66 trip to the Grand Canyon in July... been an interesting planing experience thus far. Lol

hee hee as you will find out, sometimes i walk around with my head up my butt. Sorry about the trip info, I thought I was replying to a post from a new member from British Columbia!! Welcome anyway, I have visited Milwaukie (great German food) and Door County! Got to do a Fish Boil? Different but a good show. Think Ill have another pour of Russel's

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bazillions!

Mass! Where about’s? Some Amazing food spots in Boston!

Around the New Bedford area; Whaling Capital of the World xD
I love the city. The T is a breeze, unlike the maze of subways in NY.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hee hee as you will find out, sometimes i walk around with my head up my butt. Sorry about the trip info, I thought I was replying to a post from a new member from British Columbia!! Welcome anyway, I have visited Milwaukie (great German food) and Door County! Got to do a Fish Boil? Different but a good show. Think Ill have another pour of Russel's
Right on! I’m closer to BC than many, I should say! Lots of great spots in Milwaukee, Madison, and in-between. Door County has awesome views and things to do in the summertime. Wineries aren’t too shabby either. “Fish Fry” Friday’s! Nothing better than to find the hidden gem locations with a Fish Fry, Great Bloody Mary’s, Brunch, & Brewery... if one is so lucky!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Man. I love me a good fish fry. Call me a bad Texan, but I'll tolerate our usual catfish but I much prefer a good perch/cod...and the few times I've been lucky enough to try walleye...man, that's the ticket if we're talking freshwater fish.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around the New Bedford area; Whaling Capital of the World xD
I love the city. The T is a breeze, unlike the maze of subways in NY.
Man... I don’t want to mess with Subways at all! Trying to drive in Washington D.C... absolute worst. I live in WI but would take driving in Chicago or Michigan (polar opposites) over anywhere else.

Boston... China Town... Dumpling House. (Best Dumplings I’ve had anywhere!)

Wash it all down at this Library Bar just a quick walk away.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Been a while since I've been up there but they do have fish boils? Where they add water to overflow the cauldron and the oil from the fish flames up when it hits the wood fire.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man. I love me a good fish fry. Call me a bad Texan, but I'll tolerate our usual catfish but I much prefer a good perch/cod...and the few times I've been lucky enough to try walleye...man, that's the ticket if we're talking freshwater fish.
Tex... you need to make a trip up to WI and have a Friday Fish Fry... all of those... readily available at various spots. Cod is the gateway IMHO. If you’ve never had a good fish fry, Cod you can’t mess up really. Lol. Some of the walleye and perch. It’s like magicians doing some magic on this fish. Paired with a good old Spotted Cow!