What's new

Cheesehead Country

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I've been up there but they do have fish boils? Where they add water to overflow the cauldron and the oil from the fish flames up when it hits the wood fire.
I’m sure there is. There’s all sorts of events in towns and such. I would think those would be the places you’d really want to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Best fish for frying is croaker.
Nailed it. If we're talking saltwater...croaker and whiting are king. So easy to catch, and so delicious. I'll crush up some Ritz crackers and corn flakes...add it to some cornmeal with a little Tony Chachere's...quick egg wash...that's a winner.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When we were kids we'd take an old cypress skiff with a 9 1/2 hp Evinrude and fish a 30 ft deep hole in Lake Pontchartrain. Scale and filet. Dip in yellow mustard and dredge in Zatarain's chick fry. Fry till potato chip crisp, a couple of Dixie Longnecks and homemade tartar sauce. Damn time to go croaker fishing again

I think drinking age back then was 10.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we were kids we'd take an old cypress skiff with a 9 1/2 hp Evinrude and fish a 30 ft deep hole in Lake Pontchartrain. Scale and filet. Dip in yellow mustard and dredge in Zatarain's chick fry. Fry till potato chip crisp, a couple of Dixie Longnecks and homemade tartar sauce. Damn time to go croaker fishing again

That sounds like a not only a perfect fishing trip, but experience at that! I agree though, time to get on the water. Much needed!

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I've been up there but they do have fish boils? Where they add water to overflow the cauldron and the oil from the fish flames up when it hits the wood fire.
Mostly it's clams. You basically got it right, but clams are more popular than fish, at least in my area.
Clam bakes are done under the sand.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Welcome from crystal meth country, just outside the city of thin crust pizza.

We also have deep fried ravioli (we call it toasted) and probably the shortest on/off ramps of all the nation’s interstate highways, but the food is good enough to justify the wear and tear on your vehicle, especially if you enjoy driving hard in traffic (y)

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Always wanted to fish Pontchartrain. Heard about the sharks there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from crystal meth country, just outside the city of thin crust pizza.

We also have deep fried ravioli (we call it toasted) and probably the shortest on/off ramps of all the nation’s interstate highways, but the food is good enough to justify the wear and tear on your vehicle, especially if you enjoy driving hard in traffic (y)
I have 3 guesses here...

I saw a documentary about a gentleman named Walter White who was from New Mexico? Otherwise, I was kinda leaning toward Missouri with the thin crust pizza. The ravioli is throwing me off and thinking NY or NJ. I may be so off here too. Lmao!

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
North Idaho! How is the tobacco industry out there? That is 1 state I have not traveled to as of yet.

Man there is NO tobacco industry here at all, the local B&M stores are lame(there might be some good stores and lounges in southern Idaho) BUT with the internet all things are possible!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I support ravioli in all forms but I must say, as with many foods, fried is arguably the superior preparation. Just my $0.02.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man there is NO tobacco industry here at all, the local B&M stores are lame(there might be some good stores and lounges in southern Idaho) BUT with the internet all things are possible!
I had a feeling Idaho was like that. Few far and in between. Hopefully you have at least a good herf spot???