What's new

Chef Knife upgrade! What do you use?

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Nick,
Aren't you up near Bob Kramer's shop? Or are his knives over hyped?
I am not sure where his knifes are made off the top of my head. I do know that Sur La Table (where I bought mine) sell his knifes. I want the Bob Kramer 10" Stainless Damascus Chef’s Knife so incredibly bad, just being 3 times the price made it unable to pick up. I have never met anybody who owns a Bob Kramer knife but I have heard from the chef's I know who have used them all love them to death.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I was given a knife "iron knife" when i got married. I use it for everything cept at the table. I was told it was bought in the early 1970's for 300 dollars which was alot of money back then. I talked to xjsnake cause he is a knife guy and he solved my rusting problem

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
After some reading here and alot of online reviews, we snagged this 17 piece set from Cabela's during their holiday sales. The in store price was lower then anything I could find on Amazon.
20161228_084731.jpg
A huge improvement over the 10+ year old set we had, from the small amount that we have used them so far. Been looking at upgrading for the last year or so and so far these have been amazing.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Reviving an old thread. I recently got a set of Messermeister Meridian Elite knives. They are so much better than any kitchen knives I have owned.