What's new

Chemical Smell/Taste

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last night while smoking my cob I started to get a strange sorta chemical smell/taste, it ending up overpowering the smoke to the point where I just cleaned it out and quit for the night. The wife was able to tell that there was a different smell to it as well when she got home later. I was smoking a local B&M blend that I have smoked several times before with no issues... Any guesses on what this could've been?

Also if there is a similar thread that I didn't see please feel free to direct me there and clear this thread.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmm, some bulk blends are treated with Propylene Glycol it could be that. It also could be the pipe give it a good cleaning with alcohol or pipe sweetener.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Question!

Smoked this blend from this batch or was it same blend different batch? Also how was the Tobacco from the other times that you had smoked it? Wet, Dry or like the same? Also most times with me anyway I have found if there is a Chemical smell and or taste while smoking I can detect a trace with the tin/pouch note.

I am sure it isn't your Cob not much can go wrong there. So must be tobacco. With that said it could be that it was just blended topped and cased and really green still. Again in most cases you can smell it in the tobacco. I would let it set for a little while. If it is a really wet blend and you don't think it is green then let it dry some and try again see if it was just to wet at the moment. I have a tobacco that I put in a Jar and will try again in a month or so that has a rather bad Chemical taste but again I can smell it from the Tin.

James

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
James it was same blend and same batch, but I did smoke real wet last night. I had to run 2 pipe cleaners down the stem on about 10 mins which is unusual for this blend. I'll have to give it some more dry time and try it again. Thanks for the suggestion!