What's new

Chewing on a cigar

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know that this has been covered several times in different discussions, a comment here and there, but I want to start an official thread for it;

1. Do you chew or gnaw on the end of your cigar at all?
2. How often?
3. What is the best cigar to chew on and/or are there only specific cigars you chew on?
4. Comments?

Bear

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For me, I enjoy (so far) only chewing on one cigar, the LfD Chizel. The thing is so spectacularly wrapped and so flavorful and toothy, that I cannot help gnawing on that beveled edge. I have never had one fall apart on me or even begin unwrapping.

Otherwise, I have only chewed on one or two others ever. It has happened when I'm so bored with a cigar I want to see if it will do tricks, lol.

Bear

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Nope, not if I can help it. If I smoke a cigar while walking the dogs, I sometimes have to chomp down on it when I don't have a free hand. Otherwise I don't keep the cigar in my mouth when I'm not actually smoking it.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I used to get the end all mangled and wet, but usually my cigar looks as good when I finish as it did when I started it.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
When I was starting, a cigar I used to smoke was the Jucy Lucy in the Drew Estates Natural line. The cigar is very small and is filled sort of loose. It is very unique with a sweet taste that just asks you to chew it. I would smoke about half these and keep the nub in my mouth after it went out.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Never had, and don't intend to. Just not me style...it doesn't appeal to me.

Yeah they invented some stuff called chewing tobacco and also snuff or dip either one of these are meant to be chewed and sucked on:cool:
But I find this more than a tad terrible regarding the flavour.... Never finished the only tin I've bought.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
The only time I gnaw on a stick is if I am cutting the grass or driving to get a secure grip on it (I believe someone mentioned this already) other than that, I tend to keep my stogies in my hand when i am not puffing on it....

However, i did go to a Poker night at a buddie's place and there was no smoking in the house...i believe it was a Padron 3000 that i cut to smoke, but ended up dry smoking it and gnawing at the butt...I pulled some good flavors off of the stick, but I prefer to smoke'um!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bad habit I used to have chewing on the end of my cigars,,,they would end up soggy and unsmokeable. I used to dip before that a can a day and stopped for 2 reasons,,,one being my gums were taking a beating and the other is I was spitting everywhere and then my son started immitating me and that was that,,,no more. Now he smokes cigars like I do,,,wonder if that was a good idea or not?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a chewed, soggy tip would destroy the enjoyment of barely touching my nose to the head in order to retreive those aromas - so distinctly different from the body or the foot.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I occasionally chew on a cigar, but it seems - only when I'm working outdoors.
I don't like to do it with nice sticks though.

I have a friend that chews everything to sh_t. He doesn't smoke dog-rockets either...
It's a lesson on what a gift really is, when you give someone a good cigar & watch them gnaw it to shreds.

A couple of times, I've handed him one & had to add: "This one's got a delicate wrapper - don't go chewin it to pieces!"

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I do- each and every one. I do it for a couple of reasons, its part of the smoking experience that I enjoy. Two, I have a theory (don't know if it holds any water) that a cigar with a wet end will cool the smoke. The third reason is about half way through the cigar you can get a spot gnawed into the cigar so it fits in your mouth just so, and feels like its custom fit for your mouth. The fourth reason is I feel that I am missing out on flavors when I don't chew em a bit- not bad flavors either. Thats why I do it......