What's new

Chicago Pipe Show - 2015

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Hey brothers (and possibly sisters) - this year, the Chicago Pipe Show - officially the The Chicagoland International Pipe and Tobacciana Show - is May 2&3 in St. Charles, IL (one of CHicago's Western suburbs for those of you who aren't from around these parts). It's $15 and I am not sure if that is per day or total as the website is a bit unclear: "$15.00 (for one or both days)"
The Friday before (May 1) is a pipe swap.
I am definitely going and I thought I'd toss it out here so that anyone who might want to make the trek can start planning.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Looks a like a large contingent of out-of-town guys are coming and, at first, I thought we should try to have dinner out somewhere. But Saturday night (I believe) there is a big buffet for $65 per person and, apparently, the gift bag alone that you get is worth more than $65. And, on Friday, there is a free dinner.

So maybe after dinner on Saturday, we can all herf - the guys who are in town for it and the Chicago BOTL guys?

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm not a huge fan of Pheasant Run since it's pretty antiquated; at least, it was the last time I was there a few years ago. There's a Marriott Courtyard, and Hilton Garden nearby as well. I haven't given much thought to where to stay yet.