What's new

Chicago Scene

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey yall,
Going to be in Chicago for a couple days. I might have a chance to get away and Smoke one. Where's good to go? I would prefer to be able to have a drink with my cigar but not mandatory. I will be up toward Wicker Park But will be all over. Also I'm reading about places that have day membership rates. Is this an all over thing or just certain ones. Essentially just trying to scope out the scene a little bit.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hey yall,
Going to be in Chicago for a couple days. I might have a chance to get away and Smoke one. Where's good to go? I would prefer to be able to have a drink with my cigar but not mandatory. I will be up toward Wicker Park But will be all over. Also I'm reading about places that have day membership rates. Is this an all over thing or just certain ones. Essentially just trying to scope out the scene a little bit.
the absolute best lounge in the area is Casa de Montecristo in Countryside. there is a very small smoking space upstairs for non-members, and a huge basement area for members. if you tell them you are from out of town and want to check the place out, they will usually let visitors downstairs. the walk in humi is very, very nice... and the "aging room" is phenomenal.

one place that lost it's allure (for me at least) is Tesa Cigars. they have their own blends there. if they still sell them, check out the "deconstruct" boxes, which have the "312" cigars deconstructed leaf by leaf. you can smoke each leaf and see what leaves give which flavors. kinda cool.

if you are a pipe smoker, check out iwan ries. it is supposed to be one of the oldest tobacco places in chicago. pretty good cigar selection, as well.

there is also Up Down cigar and Blue Havana.. i havent been there in quite a long time.

also, beware of the tobacco taxes in IL.

what days will you be in town?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i forgot to mention - i dont think any of the lounges sell tobacco AND alcohol. i might be wrong, but iirc, rules are set so that establishments can either sell tobacco or alcohol, not both. However, most places do not care if you BYO alcohol, they will just ask that you transfer the drink from the original can/bottle to a cup/glass. they will even provide the glasses.

depending on where and when (and if you want company), i might be able to meet up with you. just lmk, and ill see if i can make it work...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I appreciate the offer. Right now my plans are really liquid except Sat night so it will end up being short notice if I can even get one in but thanks for the info

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just left Chicago and am there fairly frequently. I almost always hit up Iwan Ries. The upstairs loung is great and it is BYOB. There is a CVS one block over so you can buy your drink of choice and take it in. $15 cut fee and I always take my own cigars.

Biggs is nice with a good selection but you can’t drink and smoke unless you buy a day pass which is $75 I think. Blue Havana is great and has a good selection including some RoMa shop exclusives. Don’t think you can drink.

The Clayton Cigars is a nice shop and lounge but no drinks.

The Redhead Piano Bar is cigar friendly and has an outdoor smoking patio that is enclosed with heaters. You can buy drinks there and take them to the patio. I was there last night with a 16 degree temp and was fine without a jacket with the heaters.

I tend to bring my own cigars no matter what since they have a 30 something % tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
55   0   0

the absolute best lounge in the area is Casa de Montecristo in Countryside. there is a very small smoking space upstairs for non-members, and a huge basement area for members. if you tell them you are from out of town and want to check the place out, they will usually let visitors downstairs. the walk in humi is very, very nice... and the "aging room" is phenomenal.

one place that lost it's allure (for me at least) is Tesa Cigars. they have their own blends there. if they still sell them, check out the "deconstruct" boxes, which have the "312" cigars deconstructed leaf by leaf. you can smoke each leaf and see what leaves give which flavors. kinda cool.

if you are a pipe smoker, check out iwan ries. it is supposed to be one of the oldest tobacco places in chicago. pretty good cigar selection, as well.

there is also Up Down cigar and Blue Havana.. i havent been there in quite a long time.

also, beware of the tobacco taxes in IL.

what days will you be in town?
I was in Tessa probably a couple months ago... wow has that place changed. I asked for some of their own stuff like the 312's. The person working told me they were all sold out of their blends. She said someone Cubs fan came in and bought the last box last night. I was shocked. It had been a long time since I've been there, but they had a huge selection of their own stuff. This time they had a good Liga Privada selection, but that was about it.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Biggs is nice with a good selection but you can’t drink and smoke unless you buy a day pass which is $75 I think. Blue Havana is great and has a good selection including some RoMa shop exclusives. Don’t think you can drink.
Is it really that much? I forgot about biggs - i was only there once for some event and didn't have to pay anything.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is it really that much? I forgot about biggs - i was only there once for some event and didn't have to pay anything.
I went and didn’t drink but a guy that was at the lounge today said he paid that just the other day. It’s a day pass to their members lounge.

I didn’t personally recall the amount but recall it being expensive for just a day. More than I was willing to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk