What's new

Chicago Smoke-Friendly Locations

jwa44

After the cigar, honey!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assistance please...

Headed to Chi-town in May for an industry event, (be there 6 days.) Where would there be a cigar-friendly environment? I know they killed the cigar bars at restaurants a while back. Does the Palm Restaurant still have an active smoking room? Anywhere else? We'll be downtown, so even if there's a private club that may have something, I'd be game w/the cover/fee.

Let me know what you know.

Thanks! :smokingme

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Cigar aficionado just released this in a issue a month or two ago. And unless you find a shop good luck. Food, drinks= no smokies anywhere.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Shops to visit downtown: UpDown, Jack Swartz, Iwan Reis

I smoked in UpDown a few months ago, but not sure if anything has changed. I also think I mentioned this in another thread... somewhere... but a friend of mine just visited Chi-town for a trade show and swung by Tesa Cigar Lounge. He said you had to smoke their product, but he had a good time. I have never been there so that is second hand knowledge/info.

Hope that helps.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Sorry to tell you but in Chicago you can ONLY smoke outside, your residence or a cigar lounge. Trust me it sucks. Being from the suburbs doesn't help either. It is state law. It makes winters very tough!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was in Chicago in April and enjoyed a couple smokes at Iwan Ries and had some good conversation. If you're staying inside the loop, it's not far from the Palmer House. They have a small free lounge and one that's $10 a day.