What's new

Chief Justice Rehnquist: Dead.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, it is Bush's lucky day. Two appointments while in office. Hopefully, it will be another moral conservative.

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow. A lot of shocking developments on the court. O'Connor out of nowhere and Rehnquist was on his way out but there was no sign that it would be soon. That is going to be problems approving one while Dem's know there is another coming.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hambo said:
Wow. A lot of shocking developments on the court. O'Connor out of nowhere and Rehnquist was on his way out but there was no sign that it would be soon. That is going to be problems approving one while Dem's know there is another coming.
In fact this should be make the approval process easier. The Dems will not put up a huge fight against both candidates. They will pick one to fight and let the other go more smoothly. There would be way too much backlash if they put up a huge fight against both nominees. It would cause a huge backlash by the people and only prove more that all anyone cares about in Washington is fighting!!

As for Bush's lucky day I'm sorry but how can anyone be lucky upon hearing the death of one of Great Legal minds and a administrators of the court system in our time. This great justice has served the courts and our country exceptionally since '72 when he was nominated to the Bench by President Nixon and then appointed Chief Justice in '86 by President Reagan. He served longer then most and was the last remaining justice from the Roe v Wade decision in I think it was '74 or '73. He will long be remembered as True Conservative who moved power away from the Federal Government and back to the States. But I will most remember him for one of my favorite rulings he made in a case from Utah about inheritance. He was in the minority in a 8-1 ruling to give a man an heritence from his parents who wheren't married when he was born. Chief Justice Rehniquest had a 5 word dissent that read: "Bastards have no legal rights." I still find this ruling awesome.

May he rest in peace!!