What's new

Chinese Made Humidor Or Not

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little background, I came back to cigars in 2016.

After I decided I would stay a while, I bought a desk top Chinese made humidor. I battled with that thing for months and couldn't get it to hold RH above 64. This was using Boveda and then beads. Finally, I bought a higher priced humidor. I seasoned it and never looked back.

I just wanted to know your take on the let's call them budget friendly humidors.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I gave up on wood humidors years ago. My budget friendly humidor is an igloo cooler. Works great. Not exactly a show piece in my house, but it sits in my basement office. Also makes a great little desk in a pinch. There are half a pound of beads in there. Holds humidity very well. When I notice it drops a little, I have a spray bottle with distilled water. One spray on the bottom of the lid takes care of it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, when I was wrestling with my original "budget friendly" humidor that was the advice I got.

Full disclosure, I do have one. Not one this big, but smaller for overflow, and it works great, never ever a problem.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So it really depends. I have a 300 count that rocks (dont use it at the moment though after i expanded my storage options). But i've had others that just dont cut it.

So if you're ok with the crapshoot and like the style then I say go for it! Odds are you'll be OK if you take some precautions.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it really depends. I have a 300 count that rocks (dont use it at the moment though after i expanded my storage options). But i've had others that just dont cut it.

So if you're ok with the crapshoot and like the style then I say go for it! Odds are you'll be OK if you take some precautions.
That seems to be the deal. Maybe the cheap one will hold, maybe it won't.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I gave up on wood humidors years ago. My budget friendly humidor is an igloo cooler. Works great. Not exactly a show piece in my house, but it sits in my basement office. Also makes a great little desk in a pinch. There are half a pound of beads in there. Holds humidity very well. When I notice it drops a little, I have a spray bottle with distilled water. One spray on the bottom of the lid takes care of it.

View attachment 142749
Same here, I’ve given up on wood and use Igloo and Sterilites now. It’s a pretty trashy looking setup with my cooler in the middle of the bedroom floor and a few stacks of various plastic containers behind/beside it, but it works, and I have too much invested in my cigars to take chances with storage

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try this, it looks great