What's new

Chocolatey Goodness

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna know what is the most chocolatey/sweet/creamy flavor packed (non drew estate) cigar that you've had. Preferably one that you've smoked more than once and got the same notes from!

Cheers,
LD

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
601 Blue Label and Jericho Hill Shots hit that note pretty well.
Yeah, I seem to remember that with the 601 blue as well. At least the ones with the old band. I also heard a debate that they changed the blend, when RP took over. Haven't tried any with the new (2012?) band.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
going against the grain here, as I love Tat and everything else mentioned, they do not exemplify "chocolate" as much as the Kristoff Maduro. it's actually about all i got from that stick, but its there, in abundance, atleast for me. padron maduros are also overly chocolate to me as well.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Tatuaje Reserva, or NHC Reserva.
Bingo, this exactly. The NHC Reserva is an excellent, excellent stick and as a bonus features the always great lonsdale vitola. You literally can't lose. As far as other Reservas I'd recommend sticking to the smaller ring gauge sticks like the Noella Reserva to maximize the chocolately flavors. I will also mention that I get different flavors out of the Cojonus, even those with the Conneticut Broadleaf wrapper. Might just be me, though, and I could be crazy.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
going against the grain here, as I love Tat and everything else mentioned, they do not exemplify "chocolate" as much as the Kristoff Maduro. it's actually about all i got from that stick, but its there, in abundance, atleast for me. padron maduros are also overly chocolate to me as well.
The Kristoff Ligero maduro is a creamy chocolate bomb. Also agree on the Padron maduros, especially the 1964.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Tatuaje Reserva, or NHC Reserva.
What he said! It was so intense I thought someone had lit up a flavored cigar. Turns out it was my wife smoking a Tatuaje Noella.
Can't say I've ever gotten chocolate hints off the reservas. I always taste licorice and yes, grape soda on the PCR and Noella Reserva. The Cojuno 06 has it though. My father le bijou too.

I pulled out a stick of the black label robusto, took a whiff and noted a good amount of cocoa. Might be time to finally try that stick.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
la duena, especially the petit robusto: shit tasted like a brownie to me. the PL had a dry dark cocoa and chile flake aspect, which is fun as well.